Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran both 754s I have yesterday. All my PL'S are dialed in. Seems these bigger saws need more tweaking to get them right. But I am no pro or expert on repair and tuning. Just learning as I go. I have newer echos and surprisingly my cs400 that hasn't been ran in 8+months started right up with the gas that was in it. I know one thing anyone out using a 754 back in the day on the daily was a bad a$$ for sure and probly had back problems later on in life 🤣

I ran both 754s I have yesterday. All my PL'S are dialed in. Seems these bigger saws need more tweaking to get them right. But I am no pro or expert on repair and tuning. Just learning as I go. I have newer echos and surprisingly my cs400 that hasn't been ran in 8+months started right up with the gas that was in it. I know one thing anyone out using a 754 back in the day on the daily was a bad a$$ for sure and probly had back problems later on in life 🤣
Yes i agree with the weight,how fast they cut,manual oiler which needs pumped alot to how loud they are i have mine fueled up to cut so hopefully a vid soon it gets dark to quick and working every third weekend with weather puts a damper on things yours sounds good though!

Is that bar from woodslasher? I think I seen he was selling something like that recently
I don't know without seeing his name came from Oregon names brian l.,the guy was on vintage and reached out to me said he has alot of different bars/mounts i got a oregon bar 24" in the d096 send along with this one

@Woodslasher is from Cali. But I think I saw he was selling bars. I don't think he has any remingtons per say but he does frequent the Remington thread and has lots of useful info. Thanks for the oiler info. I'm still learning on that. I'm sure my thumb will be able to do 1 quart curls in no time🤣
Only one was rem mount the other husky mount they are so close that die grinding the tensioner hole a very little bit did the trick will let everyone know and maybe a vid on how it works!

The thing about an old saw is to use it's weight to do the work . The top handle to the trigger is a big space on the Remington super 754 which gives you a larger pivot to work with in a large bucking or felling situation. Learning to use these features will help you not wear your back out.

The thing about an old saw is to use it's weight to do the work . The top handle to the trigger is a big space on the Remington super 754 which gives you a larger pivot to work with in a large bucking or felling situation. Learning to use these features will help you not wear your back out.
Good thinking, I would say the 2 I got would be for bucking only as I am novice with the vintage non safety saws. Probly all my remingtons would most likely be for bucking big logs. Probly any large tree felling would be done with my cs-590 with 24" bar and an upgraded set of extra large felling spikes. I like having the chain brake for the added level of safety it provides the cutter/feller.

Wow guys these super 754s are going up in value. I tapped out at 125$ +
Short cut this evening with the new to me 34" bar,wanted to see if the ol' sl11 could pull it and not to bad chain was loose already new full skip round 110dl didn't have a screw driver for idle enjoy!

This is the start of a thread only about the Remington and Mall brand of saws.Have fun Dave
Here's my 1973 Remington Woodsman sitting next to my 4910. 34cc, 12" bar. I don't use it anymore, simply because I have better saws to run than this one, for now it's just a shop decoration. I'm pretty sure this specific model is a Homelite steal, looks too similar to some of the smaller Homie saws. And for some reason I can't find any other pictures of these online? I guess they're extinct in the chainsaw world.
20220112_122916.jpg

Here's my 1973 Remington Woodsman sitting next to my 4910. 34cc, 12" bar. I don't use it anymore, simply because I have better saws to run than this one, for now it's just a shop decoration. I'm pretty sure this specific model is a Homelite steal, looks too similar to some of the smaller Homie saws. And for some reason I can't find any other pictures of these online? I guess they're extinct in the chainsaw world.
View attachment 962302

No homey. It’s a Remington Mighty Mite done up in blue instead of the regular orange.

Short cut this evening with the new to me 34" bar,wanted to see if the ol' sl11 could pull it and not to bad chain was loose already new full skip round 110dl didn't have a screw driver for idle enjoy!

Wow sweet video Ezra! Also that ford ranger looks mint in the driveway. None that nice remaining here in michigan. That bar looks 54" in the video :chainsaw: take care buddy and thanks for sharing some sl11 action.

View attachment 962302
Nice collection! My saws i collect are echo and remington aswell. That remington looks real good for its age. :chainsaw: :rock:

Nice collection! My saws i collect are echo and remington aswell. That remington looks real good for its age. :chainsaw: :rock:
20220202_121401.jpg20220202_121510.jpg20220202_121530.jpg20220204_162810.jpg20220204_162823.jpg
My grandfather's '84 Kioritz 452VL. Has only a couple hours on it. Check out my post in "most expensive thing you've learned from a chainsaw" forum. I'm the biggest fan of the old Kioritz Echos, they're just so 80's looking, and perform better than the new ones no joke. This one out cuts my 4910! And it's 6 cc's smaller

Wow sweet video Ezra! Also that ford ranger looks mint in the driveway. None that nice remaining here in michigan. That bar looks 54" in the video :chainsaw: take care buddy and thanks for sharing some sl11 action.
My dad bought the ranger new in 00' the cross members are rusted through exhaust just fell off behind the muffler no engine light heater has 2 settings radio dont work tires bald like me 😆 34" bar first time ever cutting with a bar like this notice i kepted wanting to bend over to the wood its gonna be a hard thing to break but my body didnt hurt as much today!

Don't feel bad lol. My wife bought 02 z71 with 260k for 4500$ long story short I put 12-15k in it so far to go 60k more on the odometer. Once you start getting $ into them it's hard to get out. The z71 is rusted/rotted out underneath but runs great and 4x4 works great. Nothing internal has went just all the external stuff. Yea I'm curious to see how the 36" bar I'm looking at will do on the 754. Probly more for show than anything. Just with no chainbrake the bar will be only for bucking logs in optimal conditions. Can't imagine the damage a kickback would inflict on me.

Attachments

• 20210609_143349.jpg
    20210609_143349.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back