Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't feel bad lol. My wife bought 02 z71 with 260k for 4500$ long story short I put 12-15k in it so far to go 60k more on the odometer. Once you start getting $ into them it's hard to get out. The z71 is rusted/rotted out underneath but runs great and 4x4 works great. Nothing internal has went just all the external stuff. Yea I'm curious to see how the 36" bar I'm looking at will do on the 754. Probly more for show than anything. Just with no chainbrake the bar will be only for bucking logs in optimal conditions. Can't imagine the damage a kickback would inflict on me.
5.7l 350? im thinking of putting this 34" on the 754 made 2 more vids on youtube first 2 vid i ever made with recording myself lol ill link it later time to get something to eat they gave me arms a work out!!!

5.7l 350? im thinking of putting this 34" on the 754 made 2 more vids on youtube first 2 vid i ever made with recording myself lol ill link it later time to get something to eat they gave me arms a work out!!!
5.3 vortec surprisingly gets same gas mileage as my 1997 Honda crv. I thought your vids were pretty cool! Took me forever to figure out that you tube and everything to upload/link/post.

5.3 vortec surprisingly gets same gas mileage as my 1997 Honda crv. I thought your vids were pretty cool! Took me forever to figure out that you tube and everything to upload/link/post.
i was gonna say 305 to but didn't yeah there abt the same as everything else drive 50 thousand n they all drop in fuel mileage

That's funny I was like a lefty saw??? All good man, I'm subscribed! Left a couple comments on your vids. Thanks for the videos. Basically that's all I have on my you tube thing is a bunch of remington saw stuff. Crazy how those old saws fire right up. I know my pl4's are the same cc as my cs-590 but seem smaller and lighter. Once I get time I'm going to do a side by side comparison

That's funny I was like a lefty saw??? All good man, I'm subscribed! Left a couple comments on your vids. Thanks for the videos. Basically that's all I have on my you tube thing is a bunch of remington saw stuff. Crazy how those old saws fire right up. I know my pl4's are the same cc as my cs-590 but seem smaller and lighter. Once I get time I'm going to do a side by side comparison
thank you for sub. might need to comment again on that im gonna sub. to yours also

Well the homelite large mount didn't exactly fit as said. So me and the old man had to modify it. Maybe a husky mount would of been easier. It did seem to oil ok while manually turning the chain. Added an extra oil port but didn't drill all the way through as the ports on the bar came with ports all the way through. Any feedback would be appreciated thanks guys.20220213_132614.jpg20220213_140330.jpg20220213_133221.jpg

Well the homelite large mount didn't exactly fit as said. So me and the old man had to modify it. Maybe a husky mount would of been easier. It did seem to oil ok while manually turning the chain. Added an extra oil port but didn't drill all the way through as the ports on the bar came with ports all the way through. Any feedback would be appreciated thanks guys.View attachment 964688View attachment 964689View attachment 964690
Is your manual oiler pushing a good amount out of the saw oiler hole?

Is your manual oiler pushing a good amount out of oiler hole?
I think so. I pumped it 4 or 5 times while the old man was manually pulling the chain forward. Seemed like alot of oil. The hole on the bar didn't line up super perfect but it was oiling. I added a oil port on the bar so it would catch more oil. The original oil port was at the top of the upper oiler rail. The bar taper was smaller towards the tail so I drilled that 2nd hole and seemed to line up alil better. 2nd pic is of the stock bar on the 754 talk about Swiss cheese I think maintenance supervisor said that was a universal oregon mount that about fit everything from that era, not even sure how it oils, I think he said oil just goes everywhere and makes it into the bar groove somehow 20220103_072013.jpg20220213_135536.jpg

Latest posts

Back