Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used rope and those cluthes were very tight ! I was heaving on that sucker so hard I was concerned that I was going the wrong way.
Yea I was concerned that the flywheel key would shear off. Thanks for the pro tip! You, woodslasher, and Ezra got some great tips and super helpful information for novice guys like me. Much appreciated!

Those are hard saws to come by. Usually it's pl4 and super 754 and bantams that I see. I'm always on the hunt for remingtons. I won't buy anything under 59cc a sl9 and a sl10a were both junk I bought, I wish the sl10a was better because it felt like a sweet lil saw. But no spark and piston was torn up and bearings were bad.

The clutch assembly and spur sprocket seem to be almost new with minimal wear luckily. It's definitely a parts saw to say the least. Going to drop the 404 058 chain to be sharpened off and then come back to clean it up. Definitely needs a carb rebuild but what remington doesn't, it's in fair shape other than the recoil is stuck the saw does turn over and not seized. Will post pics after initial clean up. Serial # is 81848

Back