Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Accessories Catalog - CS-120-1 1970-pages-18-19.pdf
    562.3 KB · Views: 7
well it depends what your clutch cover blocks off you know like a block off plate?
Yea I thought about that but I'm no expert, my new echos everything is simpler on the bar and everything. I just got into these remingtons
mid December and learning as I go. I've done pretty good rebuilding 5 carbs on the saws.

Trouble is the oil port on the bar was slightly higher than that upper oil rail, it oiled good as in that pic but i noticed in the clutch cover that oil was getting out above the cover/block off plate. The tail of the bar is slightly bigger than the stock bar as well as the whole bar. Has to be 3 1/2-4 in tall.

Trouble is the oil port on the bar was slightly higher than that upper oil rail, it oiled good as in that pic but i noticed in the clutch cover that oil was getting out above the cover/block off plate. The tail of the bar is slightly bigger than the stock bar as well as the whole bar. Has to be 3 1/2-4 in tall.
Yeah that would be a problem coming out the top alittle its just slinging right off of the plates instead of moving through the chain to lube it,try that full and see if it likes it! then go from there i just went full skip cause i figured with a 18" how it pulled if that makes sense

Looking to build up a small collection of parts for my super 660/754 can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 clutch drum/sprocket assemblies? I see the oregon has a bushing/spacer. On the parts diagram for the 754 I don't see the spacer/bushing. Thanks guys.Screenshot_20220214-093140_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20220214-093315_eBay.jpg

Have you taken one of those clutches off yet?
No but I have been paying close attention to you guys and the techniques used to remove. Some say a fair amount of pull cord into the spark plug hole/cylinder and a spanner wrench. Also some say there's that hole to lock flywheel but I'm worried I will shear key off, I see the hole. Some say to put a couple bolts or punches in vise and turn the saw on it.

Latest posts

Back