Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they the same for multiple saws? I saw some advertised as sl5, some sl9, some sl4. I may have a serviceable one in the pile somewhere.

Of course as clean as this thing is it probably deserves a NOS one if they aren't made of gold.

Yup, I put the lid from my Wards/SL-55 carcass on a Wards/SL-11 as the color/logo were correct.

SL-9, 10, 14 and 16 are smaller.

At any rate, this one cleaned up in Joy and hot water. Drying on a floor register.

Been trying to score a 82+ cc Remy for two years now.........................................................:blob2:

Yup, I put the lid from my Wards/SL-55 carcass on a Wards/SL-11 as the color/logo were correct.

SL-9, 10, 14 and 16 are smaller.

At any rate, this one cleaned up in Joy and hot water. Drying on a floor register.

Been trying to score a 82+ cc Remy for two years now.........................................................:blob2:

I've definitely been very lucky to find this one and the Super 990.

I'd be interested in the Super 75. I have one but I haven't had a chance to look at it. PM me. I might have something to trade or cash if not too expensive.

je

Did you end up with my old 75? if so have you ever played with it any? just courious if she is up and running or just up,...as in on a shelf, take care Jeff.

Mall gp in montgomery ward clothing

Yup...despite my urge to purge while I painted it, this is the original color!!! First time I've ever seen a GP rebadged as a Montgomery Ward model 65. A rose by another name should smell so sweet.

View attachment 259266
View attachment 259267
View attachment 259268

It didn't last very long. Less than 30 minutes after it hit the table, it had a new home. Go figure:msp_wink:

Yup...despite my urge to purge while I painted it, this is the original color!!! First time I've ever seen a GP rebadged as a Montgomery Ward model 65. A rose by another name should smell so sweet.

259266d1351212205-2012engineshow-008-jpg

259267-2012engineshow-026-jpg

259268-2012engineshow-024-jpg

It didn't last very long. Less than 30 minutes after it hit the table, it had a new home. Go figure:msp_wink:

:rock:

Thanks for opening those up for me. Maybe if you pm me some very detailed directions along with illustrations, I might be able to get it done right.

What shade of yellow did you use. It looks to be about right for my Poulan 202. (They were not green). I.H. yellow is too dark.

Jerry: Best to set him aside for parts. Too much missing.

Did you end up with my old 75? if so have you ever played with it any? just courious if she is up and running or just up,...as in on a shelf, take care Jeff.

Hey Jeff. She's still sitting on a shelf in a nice, safe place. I'd like to do a full restoration on it someday but right now I have too many others. I'll do a build thread and post up pics when I do.
jason

got a super 754 today. not quite sure what to do with it. any suggestions? seems sound but what do i know about this particular saw? nothing except what you see.

I might be interested if the price is right (cheap). I got a couple of Super 75's that need a few parts and pieces.

I was able to get another Mall 7 with a Bow bar.
I have been working on it for a while. Got it done today.
A glossy camouflage look.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey Jeff. She's still sitting on a shelf in a nice, safe place. I'd like to do a full restoration on it someday but right now I have too many others. I'll do a build thread and post up pics when I do.
jason

Hey that would be great, if that happens pm me so I can go here and look.I wouldnt want to miss it.

What shade of yellow did you use. It looks to be about right for my Poulan 202. (They were not green). I.H. yellow is too dark.

Jerry: Best to set him aside for parts. Too much missing.

I took the original saw to the auto paint shop. Matched the paint underneath the serial plate. No premix numbers matched. Had to match it by eye, but it's about as perfect as we could get it. Sorry, wish I could provide you with the number, but not luck.:msp_sad:

I was able to get another Mall 7 with a Bow bar.
I have been working on it for a while. Got it done today.
A glossy camouflage look.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Another beautiful job! If I live long enough, I'll get that Mall 7 with the Model 30 circular saw attachment finished. That should make some interesting fodder for the mill. Hopefully the photo will fit the page.

Back