Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you send it to me i will. :rock::rock:

Lee

He can't.......:msp_smile:

attachment.php

remington mighty mite electric start

would the cover for sale remington mighty mite electric start i got one with the rewind but would like one for electric start
thanks

would the cover for sale remington mighty mite electric start i got one with the rewind but would like one for electric start
thanks

Interchange, do they?

Lookin' in my Clymer book, I'd venture you just take the one off and bolt on the other.

Let us know how it turns out.

And,...............................Welcome to the chainsaw forum!

I've never seen that style Remington for sale. Direct drives are a dime a dozen, but a gear drive bow is rare. Nevermind 2 of them.

First impression is these things are heavy, more that I expected.

Chris B.

I got this SL5G A few years ago. I want to find a Bow bar and chain to fit it.:msp_smile:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think I found out why my Remy Pro Bow (thanks Cliff for identifying it) was parked with such little apparent use. While cleaning the carb, I spotted this detail.

It seems one plug for the alternate adjustment screw locations either fell out or was never installed. That is the low speed needle you see thru the hole. It should not be visible. For the time being, I lightly tapped it and plugged with a 10-32 screw. I'll find a cleaner looking set screw soon enough.

It was easy getting the saw to run, but not so easy to get it cutting. For whatever reason, the 7/16" sprocket is a rim style (but not a self-aligning 7 spline). Darned thing kept throwing the chain and buggering the drivers. I tried a brand new 7/16 loop and that got thrown. I cleaned the squared sprocket shaft and ground the width of the sprocket so it could slide easier and further and self-align. Still throwing the chain--usually when starting a cut, but once before it even hit the wood. I ended up stealing the spur from my other Remy and using it with some 1/2". No more chain throwing. I'll need to come up with alternative sprocket for this Remy. I have some ideas for that.

Back