Remington elec. chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My wife works for a major chain hardware store. Twice a month, the employees get to go thru all the defective, returned, parts missing, discontinued merchandise, and take whatever they want for free.

Recently, one of the items she brought home was a Remington elec. chainsaw. It was still in it's factory box and looked as if it was hardly ever used. Upon closer examination, it was pretty obvious, that someone bought it for a small home project, used it, and then returned it, rather than keep it.

I removed the side cover and found only a very small amount of wood debris. A paper towel took care of that. It has an Oregon 16" bar / chain on it. Overall, it is in "as new" condition. After checking it out good, I plugged it in and it runs like a champ. It supposedly makes 3.0 hp. Not sure at what rpm the chains runs at though. It has a large oil tank on it and is easily read to check the level. Very easy to adjust chain tension as well. Just like a real chainsaw. :)

Oh yeah.....the original purchase receipt was still in the box. $67.99 + tax. It looks like it would be a very handy little saw to have around for trimming / pruning and such, w/o all the hassle of having to gas up.

So.....whatcha all think of it? Keep it, or lose it and stop fooling around?

If it's gonna work for you, by all means keep it! Personally, the cord would get in my way and annoy me.

I had one of those electric saws once, I cut the cord by accident, and the saw was slow as molasses in january.

Keep it, that way if someone asks if they can borrow your saw for trimming around their house you can loan them the electric saw.

marky mark...
it's a long string w/ many smaller strings hanging off it...you bait the hooks off the smaller strings and anchor one end on land, and through the other end in a lake/pond/river. come back later and check for whatever lurks in the water below...

Latest posts

Back