Remington SL-11A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyrb

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
OK, I got one in the 39 saws I purchased. It has low compression but good spark and I think a set of rings would fix this one up as the cylinder and piston looks great through the muffler. The paint is bad but overall the old girl is very straight and complete (no bar). Here's what I want to do. I want this saw to go to someone who will appreciate it and NOT resale it. What I want is for everyone to tell me who needs to own this. The only thing I will ask is to either restore it or fix it and use it. I would like to be reimbersed for the shipping charges and that is all. With those guidelines WHO GETS IT?
:givebeer::givebeer:

Well, I think that computeruser should get the saw, Sounds like he likes Remingtons!
If the saw does not suit his needs/wants, I would love to have the opportunity to fix it up and use it now and again. The past few days I have found myself looking at Remingtons on the bay.
Plus, it would look good next to my Silver Logmaster!
CSW

Last edited:
Goodness, no new toys for me for a while!

I would be interested in what others have done to fix the pump plunger when the end of the brass rod seems to un-mushroom and starts coming out of the oiler body. A couple of the larger Remingtons I had seemed to have this problem to varying degrees, and since I will get another one someday down the line I might as well know how to solve the problem. Anyone got an IPL for these saws?

Rings from a PL-5 will work for the SL-11. I would be interested in the saw for my collection, but the shipping from the deep south would be just too much. If I can help in any way just let me know.
Drew

Goodness, no new toys for me for a while!

I would be interested in what others have done to fix the pump plunger when the end of the brass rod seems to un-mushroom and starts coming out of the oiler body. A couple of the larger Remingtons I had seemed to have this problem to varying degrees, and since I will get another one someday down the line I might as well know how to solve the problem. Anyone got an IPL for these saws?

CU, I have a pl-5 with a plunger that is a little loose but still works ok. It just misses the plastic knob on top of the plunger. I have an IPL for it. just sent me your email addy.

PL-5asmall.jpg

talk about a redneck fix....I got this remington as a freeby, but when I wanted to pull the flywheel, I noticed this....:cry::cry: the saw has good spark but I would like to tighten the starter pulley, grrrrr.

redneckfix.jpg

Last edited:
My dad has a Rmington SL11 also works good but needs a new handle. Anyone know where to get parts for these? It needs a good cleaning also lol.
Trees008.jpg

Trees010.jpg

My dad has a Rmington SL11 also works good but needs a new handle. Anyone know where to get parts for these? It needs a good cleaning also lol.
Trees008.jpg

Trees010.jpg

If you do a Remington chainsaw search on e-bay(include e-bay stores), you will find a selection of parts and handles for that saw. A handle for a PL-5 will work. I'm sure a PL-4 will work also, but not 100% sure.

Drew

Back