Removing a pinched saw (Miracle Wedge)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How large of a diameter tree would that wedge unpinch?

Be the tree in good shape, cut to be unpinched 10' from a free end.

wonder how this would work for helping aim a tree when falling it ,maybe wouldnt have to pack an axe with you like a standard wedge

That's pretty cool

For the money though I'll stick with my steel, wood and plastic wedges. It still is nifty though..

When I go out I usually have a sledgehammer with me anyway, because I cut short branches and hammer them in under what I know will be pinch points. On those big ones I can't roll and/or pick up yet with the log lifter.

One gadget I thought about before that might be handy to take cutting, one of those EMT "jaws of life" tools (then modified a little). For those guys who already have dozens of saws and want another gas powered tool and have the spare loot to afford one.

Stihl Crazy
Can you send me your e-mail address so I can order one? I can not get thru to you on private messages. Your mailbox is full

I don't see where I need one. When cutting, I always have plastic wedges handy. Tapping a plastic wedge into the cut accomplishes the same thing for me, in one tenth the time and with no more expense.

I'm certainly always open to buying new tools, so can someone convince me I need one ?

You NEED one!

There did that work?

Well if not, I guess you could see a tree pinch so tight that you could not get a wedge started in.... maybe. I had an ice damaged tree get me a few years back. Bad thing was I was the 2nd saw. 1st guy got pinched, and we could not see where the pressure was coming from. The tree was leaning and it was pinching opposite gravity. I tried cutting him out and got pinched. Had to use the tractor/FL to push the tree down to release the saws. It was odd tree was off the ground only the root ball touching and we bother came in from the top. It was as if the tree had grown curved, and the ice straightened it out, and out cut free it to re-curve or something.... :msp_confused: Regardless this could maybe have helped then. I always keep a spare b&c or saw or both and wedges just in case.

dw

I like the idea. Not really useful for pinched saws. It rarely happens to me (I tend to remove the saw before...), plus we always have several saws running on the site. I would be interested in the one designed for felling (avoiding carrying a sledge hammer around...).

can't believe how gullible people are, that things just an ornament and a gimmick, the saw in the pic isn't even jammed, it's just nonsense, get properly jammed and that thing will be USELESS

Looks like it's pinched to me, I know of some former co-workers I would have liked to get one for. Always coming over and asking to be cut out,one guy was so bad I told him not to come for me anymore because I couldn't afford to to keep going over and cutting him out !

Will the screw get you out of a big jam? For trees in my area yes. When I can get a 2 ft tree in the yard I will video it.
Was the saw in the video jammed beyond removal? Wake up, I can dead lift over 600lbs. The video was to show the tool.
Did I post it to sell them? No. Someone asked to see one. If you have asked I will get one to you. No new requests will be filled.

Latest posts

Back