Removing the Clutch on Husqvarna 36

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobR45

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently noticed that the clutch on my Husky 36 was worn pretty badly. I purchased a clutch assembly online, and I am going to replace the worn clutch. Is there any easy way to remove the clutch? I have lost the original manual for the saw, and I do not see an easy way to get the clutch off. The clutch that I purchased came with bearings as well. Do you have to lube these bearings? And if so what type of lube do you use? I do have some grease that I use to lube the bar sprocket. Would this lube be sufficient? Thanks in advance for your help!

-Rob

Clutch removal

Rob, First off, I have the same saw.What I did, (just last week) was to remove the clutch to inspect the bearings.With the clutch cover off, I simply used a brass punch with a stout hammer going in a clockwise direction. I made sure that the piston was going up on the compression and hit the clutch a time or two and it came right off.Place your punch the furthest you can on the solid part of the clutch. Should come off with little problem, Ken

Back