Rental fleet saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trimmmed said:
Woah, that's another major cc jump ;) and saw # 4

There is alot in the archives about that saw, tap in 288XP into the search bar. Lot of positive comments. Are you thinking about milling with it?

Anyway, I hate to be the one to tell you, but you have left a gaping hole in your new arsenal in the 60 cc range :p lol

Trimmmed,

I doubt I will be adding anymore...else you will be attending a funeral soon (Texas chainsaw massacre...the sequel) :D. Maybe I will unleash my wife to hound you for this new "addiction" LOL. Wait 'till she sees the credit card charges ;)

As whether I will be milling with it, I am not sure yet. It will probably be on display and gather dust in my garage because my 55R and 044 will probably be more than enough to handle all my cutting needs.

BTW, 55R might get some action again this weekend. I've been watching a tree (burl laden top to bottom) that started to leaf but last week all turned brown again. If that tree is dead...I will surely talk to the owner to chop it down for them for free....you will have a piece if I do get it.

Dario

Except, RB, I was 42 at the time

Not some punk ass kid.

They were very liability concious. Sort of like when I tried to rent a trailer to pull a 1/2 ton Chevy pickup with a Plymouth Acclaim. The first place said "no" even after I "exaggerated" and said it had "no engine or transmission"...okay, I lied. I lied even more to the next place and told them I was going to tow a TVR, a British car with a tube frame and fiberglass body that weighs like 1600 lbs. He was nervous until I added that "no engine and transmission" line.

Man, I abused that car. Pulled a 5x10 U-Haul from KC to LA with it. 2.5L 4 banger. They won't rent that unless you have a pickup or SUV anymore.

Rental places are just nervous about renting stuff to people with no clue. A big saw would be first on that list.

Hah, just shows what you know

that thing handled the load without a problem. I knew it would since it was much lighter than the U-Haul it pulled through the Rockies.

Until it hit 100,000 miles, that car rocked. Then it came down with Chrysler syndrome. Nickel and dime stuff.

Ye of little faith. You just have to understand the operating parameters. The car was plenty happy pulling a pickup, and had great brakes, so stopping wasn't an issue at all.

Ha ha. You wouldn't be kin to the owner of this car, would you? lol

lumber.jpg

lobo,
i bought that 288 new to run in a show in pa. it fit in the very top of the class and was tough to beat stock. the saw ran for two years untill the locals convinced the fair committee to change classes. i run the 372 in the woods so that saw sat. it most likley has less than 5 hours on it. i'll need to start it today. marty

spacemule said:
Ha ha. You wouldn't be kin to the owner of this car, would you? lol

lumber.jpg

YIKES !!!!!!!!!

Try and explain that stupidity to your insurance company ! :dizzy: :cry:

Woodtick-Like I said in my opinion, used lots of 288s but only one 2100, actually a 2101. I think this was just a 2100 with a different name, please correct me if wrong. Here in B.C. fallers cut down millions of old growth trees with 2100s, and they were awesome saws from what I hear. I used the 2101 for bucking big stuff, tons of power, heavier than the 288. I think that the 288 with the steel brake is pretty much the same saw as the 2100, just smaller. As far as longevity, they are the only 2 series saws my boss still has.

oldsaw said:
Not some punk ass kid.

oldsaw,
My mistake. There is another AS member named oldsaw-addict who is 16 or 17. Later, Roger.

Back