Repair welding

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vincent

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi friends,

have you made any experiences of TIG-welding on the spark hole? What happens with the cylinder coating? I was thinking about pre-heating the cylinder- any more ideas?

Best regards,
Vincent

Vincent said:
Hi friends,

have you made any experiences of TIG-welding on the spark hole? What happens with the cylinder coating? I was thinking about pre-heating the cylinder- any more ideas?

Best regards,
Vincent

Vincent,

Use a thread insert repair.

Such as;

http://www.fulltorque.com/

"Our spark plug thread repair inserts will outlast the engine and won’t come out the next time the plugs are changed. We have the only spark plug inserts for aluminum cylinder heads that are made of aluminum and are hard anodized for strength and durability. No other thread insert can create a liquid and pressure tight seal between the thread insert and the surrounding metal. Full-Torque inserts can withstand 3000 psi hydraulic pressure seal on the external threads. We have the only true pipe thread repair inserts capable of creating a better than new seal on both threaded surfaces. "

Regards

Joseph

crashagn said:
Isnt that just the same as a helicoil?

But it's super fancy...:hmm3grin2orange:

I Heli-coiled the plug hole on my LGT after Ivan, in the dark, with limited tools, it went on to break 4X4's off at the ground, and haul countless loads of debris around our property for weeks after the storm, so far, no problems.

If you want the peace of mind, get the fancy one...but Ive never had a failure of a regular heli-coil.

Latest posts

Back