Replacement filters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Rob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know of replacement or better yet aftermarket air filters for an old Jred 801?

does K&N have a generic filter? I was thinking that i could make one using the existing filter, if i split it in two and put a good filter material in the center.

While we are on the subject of air filters. anyone know of after market/high flow filters for the dolmar 7900? just wondering. any info appreciated. thanks
B

In order for a K&N air filter to work on your Jonsered 801, you'd have to mount a "stack" adaptor directly to the carburetor and then mount a standard K&N air filter to that. If you did that, you would not be able to put your air filter cover back on.

Also- when fitting a different type of air filter to a saw, you have to re-adjust your carburetor and possibly put a new carb kit in it. The aftermarket air filter will have more flow and you will cause a lean running condition if you do not richen the adjustments.

Dolmar PS6400, 7300, 7900 AIR MASTER filtration has two filters.
Standard filter is flocked (screen & flocking).
Winter filter is fine screen only.

AIR MASTER is so effective that if using the correct filter for the time of year, expensive aftermarkets are mainly 'feel good' in overall performance.

Back