Resurrection help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprig

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My heart is saddened by the declining condition of my beloved 08s, it sits in pieces that are slowly scattering around my porch and spiders have made a home of the power head. I'd really like to fix the poor old thing as it has served me well for many years and I'm sort of attached to it, what I need is a basket case with a good magneto and flywheel, or just those pieces, more than willing to pay shipping and any reasonable price for the parts. So for all you guys scavenging old saws or junking saw piles, please, please, please, keep your eyes open for such a creature, I have tried all nearby sources around these parts to no avail and cannot afford to go new and don't have the set-up to go shopping on fleabay etc.. Any help would be greatly appreciated, if it sits much longer I'll pass it along to someone who wants it for parts or........
Thanks for any consideration, suggestions welcome too.

:cheers:

Serge

I know cheapstihlsawparts has a bunch of these unlistedd (not a big mover), and I know of a lot of parts that fit from TS350 saws. Electronic or points? Exactly what parts are you looking for?

Is yours the electronic Style with the SEM coil?

Mine was running fine until the coil went bad, Im also looking for a good parts saw, or good used coil.

I know cheapstihlsawparts has a bunch of these unlistedd (not a big mover), and I know of a lot of parts that fit from TS350 saws. Electronic or points? Exactly what parts are you looking for?
Not really sure if points or electronic, I have yet to get the XXXX'n mag off first, looks like there are three components in there but can't read any numbers through the slots 'cept the ending of ...002, (oh ya, right on Lakeside for mentioning 'don't use an outside puller, think it was you, anyhow too late DOH!), which is why I should replace it as it is now slighly bent :( Might be able to flatten it again IF I can get it off without messing up the magnets. Thing drove me nuts and 3 different mechanics have tried. I cracked the finned flywheel on my first attempt to remove it (oh, thats what those three screws are for, 'nother DOH!), no fixing that piece and remaining safe imo.
Those are the pieces I need, could use a new sprocket (7 tooth) I suppose too and the handles sort of crap too but usable.
Its an older model, #'s on the bosch magneto are 0204 003 021 KB1 and there is a small 911 stamped over the Bosch name, saw's serial number is 2274606, if any of this is any help to someone with resourses to find out (and time, thanks ahead).
Thanks for the replies so far gents!

:cheers:

Serge

Last edited:
Back