rev limiter ??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneadam12

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've been doing reserch here for my muffler mod on my Husky 570 and had some questions about adjusting out the carb. Took a good look at it today, can I remove the limiter caps, or do I have to grind them down? Also, after looking at the owners manual from Husky's website i read this "CAUTION! There is an integrated speed governor in the
ignition system that limits the maximum speed to 13600 rpm.
The maximum speed will not exceed 13600 rpm when the
high speed jet is adjusted (screwed in). When the speed
governor is activated, you will get the same sound experience
as when the chain saw 4-cycles." Does this mean this saw has a rev limiter and can't exceed the max revs? If so, why mention not to exceed 13.6 k?

..because you can still make it too lean and burn it up... PITA to adjust correctly as the tach will read wrong as it skips sparks and the ear won't pick the right point, so be conservative... To adjust a limiting coil, really need a tach that looks at the flywheel (or clutch drum) speed, not sparks.

Thanks Lake, typed the question before I read all the posts I needed to. Urbicide left a link for the shop manual. Explained the limiting coil better.

Latest posts

Back