Revolutionary?....I think so for trainees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your basic idea is right and I would also feel better about a guy starting out with this in a tree. Someone ties there knot wrong and its light out with this its as simple as hooking carabiners to the saddle as long as your rope had a spliced eye.

and you are always secured feeding or cinching line, including no sit back.

Have been using a zigzag for about a month day in day out. It is the smoothest and easiest system i have ever used, been climbing for 15 years would offer it to a new climber and a vet once you've tried one you may never look at the other systems the same again

im new to climbing but can i add a thought from a new guys perspective? obviously there are different opinions and training methods and im not trying to step out of my boundaries... but what about the idea that if a new guy learns and gets comfortable on a cool new gizmo that he may not want to go backwards after that and start over and learn the basics, that is if he can perform the same tasks on the gizmo. He may learn the basics but might not be motivated enough to slow back down and really practice and implement it after coming from an easier/advanced way. when i first learned how to rappel the instructors had us on a mechanical device similar to a spiderjack. easy going and guys had a great time but then going to hitches and figure 8s guys were nervous, reluctant, and you could tell confidence went way down. I think if a guy is motivated enough to learn how to climb that he will learn either way, but in my experience i found it helpful to have the basics to build off of. it may not be as cost effective to you but may be in his best interest. i think there is a difference in training someone just to make you money, and training somone to be well versed in their field of work. not that its a concern to you but what if the climber leaves for reasons other than what you stated or going on his own, or if he moves etc. now there is an experienced climber who may not be able to work because he doesnt have the new toys? just my thought dont shoo me away as i have found all your posts very helpful! im just trying to give some perspective

If a new guy gets nervous cause of tying knots then you`re in the wrong biz, the majority of rigging in a take down is all all about knowing knots & its clear that the dinosaur that started this thread is only worried about someone being faster on a cheaper device read some of his earlier posts, problem is when one gets too old to climb & properly teach they wanna resort to something like this & then that same nutpump will be yelling up at the guy telling him " no, tie it there, no wrong knot, no, no,no...faster,faster" all the while thinking the guy aloft will be safer cause GOLLY he doesnt need to know how to tie his friction hitch..before you could get the car up to 100 you had to drive at 25mph, starting out with these gizmos & not learning some of the traditional ways first will handicap you more than help you!!

Some things never change...you are still as dumb a fuch as you used to be

You got alot of nerve! wantin to teach a newb as you suggest? im thinking the metamucil & stool softners has affected what lil brain you have!!!

LXT........

If a new guy gets nervous cause of tying knots then you`re in the wrong biz, the majority of rigging in a take down is all all about knowing knots & its clear that the dinosaur that started this thread is only worried about someone being faster on a cheaper device read some of his earlier posts, problem is when one gets too old to climb & properly teach they wanna resort to something like this & then that same nutpump will be yelling up at the guy telling him " no, tie it there, no wrong knot, no, no,no...faster,faster" all the while thinking the guy aloft will be safer cause GOLLY he doesnt need to know how to tie his friction hitch..before you could get the car up to 100 you had to drive at 25mph, starting out with these gizmos & not learning some of the traditional ways first will handicap you more than help you!!

You got alot of nerve! wantin to teach a newb as you suggest? im thinking the metamucil & stool softners has affected what lil brain you have!!!

LXT........

Why not just buy one and see what all the chatter is about Exlax? Nevermind, guys like you, Eberly and that homo Del can't afford a chainsaw file and still make payment on your trailers. You could come out here and I will teach you to climb on it if you want? Ahhhh you probably have your retarded son climbing for you like your daddy tried to teach his retarded son (you) how to climb and failed. I understand the frustration and the anger. Maybe you need to get back on those pain pills to feel better if you ever got off off of em.

Have a great day. Your wife told me you are in a real bad mood last night.....oooops....wasn't supposed to say anything. :msp_sad:

Why not just buy one and see what all the chatter is about Exlax? Nevermind, guys like you, Eberly and that homo Del can't afford a chainsaw file and still make payment on your trailers. You could come out here and I will teach you to climb on it if you want? Ahhhh you probably have your retarded son climbing for you like your daddy tried to teach his retarded son (you) how to climb and failed. I understand the frustration and the anger. Maybe you need to get back on those pain pills to feel better if you ever got off off of em.

Have a great day. Your wife told me you are in a real bad mood last night.....oooops....wasn't supposed to say anything. :msp_sad:

Good to see you around again, vet!! :msp_tongue:

Easy with the use of people's last names Sir. That is not appropriate on a public forum.

So, what happened, Dave? I know your ground guy left ya, he start his own show too? I mean, you've always been an ornery old prick but with the wife comments, last name use, etc., you seem to be hitting new lows. You pick up the bottle again too? How's the crane working out now that you don't have someone to run it? Lol. You just yell down from the tree which lever you want the greenhorn to pull? Lighten up, old man. It's just treework.

Points for attacking multiple members with one post though!! lol.:laugh:

I considered pushing the snitcher button but then it occurred to me that I didn't give a ####! Pretty sure lexy will tattle anyway. Nice seein ya, sleavy!

This could get voted douche post of the day.:msp_thumbdn:

got ya all riled up Eberly? :cry: tell Laura I said "hey" ....again

That's cute and all, what you did there, but perhaps you should stop posting for another year or two and see if reach a maturity level slightly above a third grade level. Pretty sure it's forum rules, and general man code, to leave wives out of it. Either way, happy to see my comments struck a nerve.

And when you gonna take Kyle's name off your website? Kinda misleading, no? But really, it shouldn't have come as too much of a shock that he didn't have much interest in inheriting all those roller painted, ancient rust buckets! Lol

God I thought LXT was nasty but vet is really making a statement .:laugh: there was a aspect of hatred lost for a while that has now come back with a vengeance .

No, I disagree. Not everyone is s jealous infant. Some of us actually respect one another (to a degree). Just saying. ;)

Ohhhh so when you were talking #### to Justin the other day and didn't realize you were group texting all of us ..... Since you lack the balls to say anything to me off this site , or from behind your phone or computer , don't dare talk to me about respect .... Because you turned out to be one of the biggest back dooring Mutha ####er I have ever had the displeasure of meeting , so again eat #### and ### :bang:

Back