Rich city people who move to the country

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
property value

amdburner said:
CaseyForrest,
I always found it interesting to see pics of you milling in your driveway. I was in heaven when I was here alone but my new neighbors do not share the same enthusiasm that I have for chainsaws, firearms, and property rights. All they concern themselves with is property value. They were fully aware of what they were getting into, but, like I stated earlier they were made promises by an individual that thought he could squeeze me out.

Dave
the value of my property is the fact that I CAN SAW MY LOGS,SHOOT MY RIFLE IN A SAFE MANNER, AND DO AS I PLEASE WITH WHAT I OWN. i pay my taxes as they do. I don't like there flowers and music.

ASEMASTER said:
the value of my property is the fact that I CAN SAW MY LOGS,SHOOT MY RIFLE IN A SAFE MANNER, AND DO AS I PLEASE WITH WHAT I OWN. i pay my taxes as they do. I don't like there flowers and music.

Amen!!!!!

I don't have as much a problem with the rich folks who move to the country as I do with the ones who don't. The ones that move will either change or move back to town. The ones who live in town seem to think they have the right to dump their trash anywhere but their own front yard, think they have the right to cut my tree for their firewood, set up camp at the end of my road because it's next to the river, run their damn fourwheeler wherever they please and leave any unwanted dogs or cats.
I also got a "small problem" with the herd that show up the first day of deer season and folks that try to run sawmills out of the trunk of a VolksWagon.

Rodney

Rodney Sinclair said:
I don't have as much a problem with the rich folks who move to the country as I do with the ones who don't. The ones that move will either change or move back to town. The ones who live in town seem to think they have the right to dump their trash anywhere but their own front yard, think they have the right to cut my tree for their firewood, set up camp at the end of my road because it's next to the river, run their damn fourwheeler wherever they please and leave any unwanted dogs or cats.
I also got a "small problem" with the herd that show up the first day of deer season and folks that try to run sawmills out of the trunk of a VolksWagon.

Rodney

Hey now, I have been known to run my milling operation out of the back of my VW wagon. But only when I can't use my wife's Windstar. :laugh:

Mark

amdburner said:
CaseyForrest,
I always found it interesting to see pics of you milling in your driveway. I was in heaven when I was here alone but my new neighbors do not share the same enthusiasm that I have for chainsaws, firearms, and property rights. All they concern themselves with is property value. They were fully aware of what they were getting into, but, like I stated earlier they were made promises by an individual that thought he could squeeze me out.

Dave

Here is a picture of my mill in my driveway. I like it there.

http://groups.msn.com/AndysLumberMill/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=35

Last edited:
I just want everyone to know that I moved from the city to the country just so I could get a chain saw and start cutting wood (and get some peace and quite too). I got 3 acres and have been splitting lots of rounds. As some of you know I have also come across some real nice cherry that has given me my first milling expereince now. More to come there.

I think of all my work friends who live in the city amoung the stop lights and strip malls and wonder if they might be more real if they'd come out to the woods and pick up a maul. Whatever, I got nothing against the city.

oldsaw, you and i have in common that we use a VW wagon to haul our equipment and, in my case, some pretty big logs. I have a '01 GLS wagon, you? Funny thing is I was doing that cherry job and realized I was cuttin' with german equipment and haulin' with it too.

LostInTheWoods said:
I just want everyone to know that I moved from the city to the country just so I could get a chain saw and start cutting wood (and get some peace and quite too). I got 3 acres and have been splitting lots of rounds. As some of you know I have also come across some real nice cherry that has given me my first milling expereince now. More to come there.

I think of all my work friends who live in the city amoung the stop lights and strip malls and wonder if they might be more real if they'd come out to the woods and pick up a maul. Whatever, I got nothing against the city.

oldsaw, you and i have in common that we use a VW wagon to haul our equipment and, in my case, some pretty big logs. I have a '01 GLS wagon, you? Funny thing is I was doing that cherry job and realized I was cuttin' with german equipment and haulin' with it too.

'04 Passat. Last milling job I took it on I was using the 066, never struck me I guess. Now a big Swede gets in the way of that, but the 066 always comes along for back-up. Never put anything big in the back, and always boards, never logs. It has to look respectable still, I use it for work.

Mark

woodshop said:
Reminds of these people who move out into a farming area from the city or burbs and then complain about the smell of cow manure they have to endure going down some of "their" roads. They enjoy the milk, meat and poultry from those farms however... clueless.

When I mill a tree in somebodies yard, I always make it a point to try and explain the cold hard facts up front. Noise... if it's recently rained there might be mud from trampling the grass in one small area... fine sawdust that can be raked up but you ain't gonna get it all BECAUSE it's fine sawdust etc etc.

They came in hoards from the city to this agriculture community, inflating the property taxes with their postage stamp ranches. They tell me they don't like my cattle drawing flys and the dirt and dust I stir when I till the field. I tell them I am not happy with their lagoons and septic tanks draining into the creek and I am not happy with engorging the school system with their brats they had to get out of the city or they would be in jail. They appear rich, but the majority are just plain broke or running on credit. Five acres and 20 horses, and they can't figure out what happened to the grass. Purchase a postage stamp and become an overlord of 640 acres to do anything they want;; I don't think so.:confused:

Latest posts

Back