Rigging knots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charsha1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was using a clip to lower a few branches but figure I want to do it right. So what is the right way to tie to a branch to lower it? Thank you.

How do u tie a running bowtie? Where can I see a pic or a diagram of one?

I love this sight. Thanks for the info. This sight is so much better then the motorcycle stunt sight I belong to.

How many times do I have to wrap my line around the branch before I tie the knot?

Y is it I tied the knot 5 times and everytime it came out different.

Running Bowline:

stormdamage010.jpg

stormdamage011.jpg

stormdamage012.jpg

stormdamage013.jpg

stormdamage014.jpg

stormdamage015.jpg

stormdamage016.jpg

I use the running bowline about 99% of the time. If there is any chance that it might slip off the limb I am lowering I like to use a clove hitch.

A good place to learn knots:

http://www.mytreelessons.com/

No, It's tied just as the diagram on the left, a standard bowline. I guess it's you just can't see which end is the tail of my rope. I was tying the knot and taking the pic by myself.

Kind of interesting though. I always thought a left handed bowline was when you tie it with the working end or the initial turn on the right instead of the left, as would come natural for a south paw.

I have heard that there can be some complications when tying a left handed bowline, though I can't remember what they were. Seems like the knot is more apt to roll or tumble. I have only read about this though and certainly haven't experienced it first hand. Like I said, I was under the impression that a left handed bowline was tied with the standing part and running end of the line reversed, which I have tied before when in an awkward position. Looks like I was mistaken in my understanding of the knot.

So I just wrap it around the branch once then tie a bowline knot and that's it? Is tv knot supposed to side tight?

Looking at ur last pic you would just pull on the lead line and it will tighten on the branch? And that small loup will be seen when tighten? And it's able to loosen up easy?

best knot in the world it will loosen up when you untie it.

I have to be doing something wrong because my know won't tighten up. The large loop will not tighten. I should have studied more in boy scouts

Latest posts

Back