Rigging Training

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrictrimmer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have worked for Asplundh now for 3 years doing right of way work. 95 % of the climbing I have done has been side trimming (taking all the limbs from ground to sky off, no overhangs). I have done very little rigging and roping. I am wanting to learn how to rig a tree down. Is there any formal training, seminars, courses that I could enroll in to help me understand rigging better. I have watched the berneke's dvd set and got very little out of it. Is there a better set of videos that would help me. I live in Western Maryland, so any training in the mid atlantic I could probably attend. thank you for reading my post and all advice is welcomed!

3 years and you haven't rigged a tree enough to know? That and Beranek's video left you with nothing? Something doesn't add up. Watch the video again and go back to work, something should click.

I have done residential work on the side and had to swing limbs and what not, but I'm looking to step my game up. Everything adds up, when all you do is climb to the top of a tree and cut all the limbs off one side everyday for ten hours you don't get much rigging done. My thread was about training in the mid atlantic to better my rigging abilities. Good Luck

Last edited:
Asplundhs a big company have they in house trainers you may ask.
If ya dig around utube there a heap of big tree rig vids many show tips n tricks.
Alternative if practical swap jobs do some time with a big domestic crew movin around in your craft will bring many new skills & approaches to task.
Schoolin up in rigging theory handy but doing is how you'll learn.
Each time I changed jobs I learn't more faster than years of study.

Have a flick though here http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=158162

Merry Chrissy to ya done with Santa down here he's on his way up soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back