Chainsaw Backpack Solution?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was going to make a specialized backpack for toting my woodsman tools, I'd find a pack frame worthy of modifying, then I would build custom scabbards out of some heavy duty leather. Leather is a lot lighter than wood and would make a more practical scabbard. You wouldn't need to worry about splitting it, should it get dropped or slammed around a bit.

I suspect that a leather scabbard would just be preserved by some spilled oil, whereas a wood scabbard would look like a mess.
Kydex would be a decent option as well, if not a bit more on the expensive side of things.

They make gun holsters out of it. Loght Thin, strong, flexible and pretty easy to heat mold at home. I've used it a few times with decent success for sheaths, for knives and machetes. Would be an ideal compromise between a wood sheath and a leather sheath imo.

Just carry Gatorade bottles or Powerade bottles. For fuel and oil. They work great. Did this on right of way clearing. Walking miles and never had an issue. So the little saw should be easy
We had to carry 550,562 chain saws ropes and everything. So the trail clearing with small fuel and oil will do the trick.

Back