rollori

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremetrees

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I tried to reply to your private to no avail and how much a groundsman could control a log when rigging. I agreee that the weight of the groundsman should not exceed the weight of the log when rigging. Even when groundsman jumps to reduce the shock loading of said load, I think that the substaintial load or friction shold not be controlled in a dynamic manner. Rather a friction devic should be deployed in a static situation to reduce to potential of frittion burn. Many groundman employ gloves to avoid the burn. This is hap hazard and injury inducing. I agreee that when rigging it solely is upon the climber to keep groundsmans safe.
Hope this helps.
Reguards,
Crane climber/

Treemachine has enlightened me upon many un-documented tehcniques for fritcion device aloft. I would honorable defer you to TM for advanced techniques to lower your tree and keep groundsman safe. Thou Tm is busy he has employed the safeest way IMO.It is controversaviseral and a paradime shirft for us climber but it is time tested and secure. TM employes over the edge technique to old school slimbers.
Treespider understands the forces like any in our nation. i would be honored that he reply.

Latest posts

Back