Rope Bridges

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrictrimmer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys use to tie into the rope bridges. I've seen guys use micropullies, just wondering what some other set ups look like. If anyone has any pics that would be awesome. Is there an advantage to a rope bridge than floating d rings

I use a swivel on my rope bridge. One of these to be exact. I would buy one a little larger if you need to tie in with two carabiners.

S3_med.jpg

Just wondering what you guys use to tie into the rope bridges. I've seen guys use micropullies, just wondering what some other set ups look like. If anyone has any pics that would be awesome. Is there an advantage to a rope bridge than floating d rings

Some issues with rope bridges lately - all your equipment should be frequently inspected for wear and changed out as needed. Velocity seems to be a popular choice for DYI. Web bridges are tougher, less subject to wear and bend radius issues, but the D ring adds some friction, not a big deal IMO. What Saddle are you climbing on?

I climb on a buckingham with the butt board and stationary D's, not sure what model, its blue and red, but I'm thinking about upgrading to a cougar maybe, what do you think. I sometimes climb on a split tail system with 2 caribiners or an eye in eye 10mm bee line with a swabishl.

Zipline dual pulley on my rope bridge...

Just wondering what you guys use to tie into the rope bridges. I've seen guys use micropullies...

I use a Petzl zipline pulley on my Cougar's rope bridge. It acts as a spreader and greatly reduces wear on the bridge. It also allows up to three 'biners to hook up.

I use a Petzl zipline pulley on my Cougar's rope bridge. It acts as a spreader and greatly reduces wear on the bridge. It also allows up to three 'biners to hook up.

That sounds like a good idea. I think I'll look into that. I use a cougar with the rope bridge at work and a hitch climber type set up with a Vt, but often use a second tie in and don't like all those biners rubbing into each other.

I use a micropulley attached to my bridge and a hitchclimber as my pulley on my climbing system.

I've climbed with the swivl, it was too bulky in my opinion and didn't run on the bridge very smoothly.

On a side note, its odd to me that everyone and their brother wants a cougar when its a rip off of the buckingham glide. They are exactly the same saddle, yet everyone opts for the knock off of the original.

I use a micropulley attached to my bridge and a hitchclimber as my pulley on my climbing system.

I've climbed with the swivl, it was too bulky in my opinion and didn't run on the bridge very smoothly.

On a side note, its odd to me that everyone and their brother wants a cougar when its a rip off of the buckingham glide. They are exactly the same saddle, yet everyone opts for the knock off of the original.

I have climbed on a Glide II for 4 years... I also thought the cougar was a little bit of a knock off. I just saw that Buckingham has made a new saddle (cheap price) to compete with the cougar. the competition was killing them.
The Glide is a superior product...

Back