Rope pulling training?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
side rope, wedges or what ever, as long as it gets done safely then so be it, I have used ropes and wedges as well as a simple notch that is held on one side to drop leaner's, this is not rocket science, stop arguing about which method is better, people will use what ever method they are comfortable with regardless of what is posted here.

Yes and uninformed people felling with wedges and their poulan wildthing,
in high end target areas cause our insurance to go up. It is not rocket
science, but takes skill and knowledge to do without damage.

Have you seen this video?

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=38808

Like to have seen anyone hit that cone with wedges, jacks or otherwise.

One of the benefits of falling trees in the bush is the generosity of the direction you can take and low value targets if any.

Head wind on a back leaner with a wedge when the tree is against a house? No thanks.

Nice shooting.

Like to have seen anyone hit that cone with wedges, jacks or otherwise.
One of the benefits of falling trees in the bush is the generosity of the direction you can take and low value targets if any.
Head wind on a back leaner with a wedge when the tree is against a house?
No thanks.

True Ekka, BUT: got a head wind + back leaner against a house I "don't die on that hill." I retreat for another better day. And we CAN show you how to "hit that cone" .

Nice to be back on track, ropes and all that.

We didn't think that all you tree girls would get down and dirty so fast:monkey: .

Don't you have this just backwards? Once the tree gets going, no wedge or triangular hinge is going to have much effect on the trajectory. But well beyond the point where they become useless, a side rope, tied up high, could still swing the tree substantially. The leverage is huge and applied over a long arc of the fall.

In the woods --"...we don need no stinkin ropes...." :givebeer: Plan the fall, plan the cuts, execute. Besides, I don't have any kind of certified whatever to put a rope up _____ a G.D. tree. :chainsaw: . My "swinging" is done elsewhere. :clap:

Yes and uninformed people felling with wedges and their poulan wildthing,in high end target areas cause our insurance to go up. It is not rocket
science, but takes skill and knowledge to do without damage.

Now girl, don't get your skirts caught. Hey, I'm not the enemy RPS. :confused: Maybe it IS rocket science. That's why I'm asking...you need a D.S.
....what's this about your insurance going up ? Take your Prozac and call me in the morning.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

JMNSHO.

Apparently you & your ground guy get along or he wouldn't have been with you this long. Take some time for discussion before you attempt the impossible & work together . Have a better understanding & communicate more before the cutting begins. A good groundman & roper is hard to find. Fix your mistakes & get on with business. Just an old guys point of view.

hey butchy. what does the JMN stand for? i know the SHO stands for Stupid Home Owner

shouldnt it be JASHO or "Just Another Stupid Home Owner"

or better yet. JOMSHOTS = Just One of Many Stupid Home Owners on This Site.

just because you can get a saw to cut up firewood or cookies doesnt mean you know what your doing. peckerhead.

hey butchy. what does the JMN stand for? i know the SHO stands for Stupid Home Owner
shouldnt it be JASHO or "Just Another Stupid Home Owner"
or better yet. JOMSHOTS = Just One of Many Stupid Home Owners on This Site.
just because you can get a saw to cut up firewood or cookies doesnt mean you know what your doing. peckerhead.

Sweets, you do cut to the core. The subtlety of your intelligence does you good. :monkey: Peckerhead :censored: , huh ? Got some anger management problems ?:angry2: Butchy it is.

And O.D. ( nice handle for D.E.A. :clap: ), who exactly do you work for ? Those G.D. Hommies, they're everywhere. It is sad that you are not a SHO, or JASHO, or JOMSHOTS. Renting ? Homeless with a PC ? :dizzy:

"JMNSHO" : if disclosed, you will have to be killed. Figure it out, or PM.

Happy New Year ( in spite of the "peckerhead" :jester: )

True Ekka, BUT: got a head wind + back leaner against a house I "don't die on that hill." I retreat for another better day. And we CAN show you how to "hit that cone" .

We didn't think that all you tree girls would get down and dirty so fast:monkey: .

In the woods --"...we don need no stinkin ropes...." :givebeer: Plan the fall, plan the cuts, execute. Besides, I don't have any kind of certified whatever to put a rope up _____ a G.D. tree. :chainsaw: . My "swinging" is done elsewhere. :clap:

Now girl, don't get your skirts caught. Hey, I'm not the enemy RPS. :confused: Maybe it IS rocket science. That's why I'm asking...you need a D.S.
....what's this about your insurance going up ? Take your Prozac and call me in the morning.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

JMNSHO.
Girl you say, better feel again son, no wait don't you are from ma.
and may go that way! :hmm3grin2orange:

Sweets, you do cut to the core. The subtlety of your intelligence does you good. :monkey: Peckerhead :censored: , huh ? Got some anger management problems ?:angry2: Butchy it is.

And O.D. ( nice handle for D.E.A. :clap: ), who exactly do you work for ? Those G.D. Hommies, they're everywhere. It is sad that you are not a SHO, or JASHO, or JOMSHOTS. Renting ? Homeless with a PC ? :dizzy:

Why the hate? Have you no civil words in your head?

looks like oldirty is gonna kill another one :hmm3grin2orange:

WTF is all this crap? more strange lingo:dizzy:

is it similar to playing checkers alone? one way or another i am going to win? lol

what up OTG? you have a good holiday or what? good luck in 08 man.

you got it.

good holiday, nice to be back to work though. 08, I've already written 07 a bunch of times today:buttkick:

DAKWTFTGITAE? (does anyone know wtf this guy is talking about ever?):dizzy:
man i though my spelling was bad, i cant even read that stuff!!! logbutcher/alphabutcher. 1000's of fellers i wonder what her counting skillz are like?:deadhorse: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Back