Rope Runner Pro: cool feature on the "bird's" wall where the SLIC PIN passes through

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msoultan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was playing around with my Rope Runner Pro and I noticed that there were some interesting detents in the inside walls of the "bird". At first I wasn't totally sure what they were for - I thought maybe it was to allow the SLIC PIN to sit a little deeper into the wall to allow the rope to pass by? But then I played with it some more and it seems like it's a channel to automatically press in the SLIC PIN button while you rotate it counter clockwise and pull. This way you don't have to poke your fingers in between the bird walls to try and release the pin.

What's also interesting is that they only put this channel on one side, and this "feature" only works if you have the pin installed in the opposite direction as how it comes packaged. Many people have suggested changing the side the pin enters from because the default configuration is annoying for right-handed use, so it's kinda convenient that they set it up this way, but it does suck for those that prefer it in the default configuration.

Has anyone else noticed this feature? I didn't see it in the manual, but I'll be honest in that I didn't read through all the tiny text :p

Back