Ropensaddle,s world Arkansas style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, your old enough to be my older brother. I'm the same age as Ozzy... Your still an old ####er though!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Well didja get your bird???

A buddy of mine stopped by last night with the tom he got yesterday. Pretty decent bird. 16 Lbs, 8 1/2" beard and I think he said 1 1/4 inch spurs. It was his first so he was pleased.

I'd like to go but we just don't have too many of them around here. I'd have to travel to hunt them. We had a small population starting to develop over where I hunt but they disappeared the following year. We've got a lot of predators over there.

Well didja get your bird???

A buddy of mine stopped by last night with the tom he got yesterday. Pretty decent bird. 16 Lbs, 8 1/2" beard and I think he said 1 1/4 inch spurs. It was his first so he was pleased.

I'd like to go but we just don't have too many of them around here. I'd have to travel to hunt them. We had a small population starting to develop over where I hunt but they disappeared the following year. We've got a lot of predators over there.

no worries MD if they get a good program going the will come back, 20 years ago you never heard of wild turkey here and now they are like winged rats. Really good tasting winged rats but we are just filthy with them.

My first bird. Got it just outside of Memphis, TN when I was a kid. 22 pound tom with a 9" beard. This was prolly 78:

IMG_0003.jpg

Went to first spot two trucks second a car third another truck I finally found a spot and had one talking but he was far off and hung up at a creek. I tried to make a move and he shut up I will try him again am!

This damage is only a mile away from ropes trailer house:jawdrop: It was ef1 to ef2 on my end but two miles west it was ef3 as most experienced men know the work is in the ef1 to 2 range. Higher than that and they just dozer everything up and start from scratch!

I actually had my top stihl go down on me Mrs 200t quit so I have been using her daughter ms 192:monkey:

Same thing with me, 200 hundred is old and worn out, 192 has never been right since that idiot hippie dropped it. I went and bought a new 192 the day before, much better now! Would have bought a new 200, but the 2 dealers I buy from were out and I needed a saw right then!

funny how all of a sudden it goes from worrying about pruning some old worn out Leyland cypress to swamped with work.

Get the bucks you deserve rope and get enough sleep at night. Makes you a lot more productive and sharper at making deals. Thinking back to our our hurricane in 08.

Don't get hurt. Gotta treat it like a war zone.

Back