ropeshield

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scenaros in the video, looked to me, like a Weaver Neon Bullet High Performance Throw Weight would have pulled through also. The device you designed would also snag in a tight crotch. Make a video showing your design pulling threw a crotch, and a bag getting stuck. I might be sold then.

There is a few good clips of the bag jamming and the RopeKnight/treepedo winning. In the sweet cherry and the pear tree. One of the reasons is it also levers up. So where a bags malleability conforms to the obstacle the RopeKnight/RopeShield does a roll/lever up and thru the crotch.
Similar to the way a ski meets a bump or rut or obstacle.
That is one of the main differences between a throw ball and RopeArmor.
Another analogy I like to make is it is far easier to skate on a hard edge metal than in your sock feat.
The effeciencies are in hard, smooth, frictionless metal and the radiussed cone shape.

Treepedo Movie 1 Best.wmv - YouTube
This is the original treepedo vids. Still like that name better but we had to change it for Europe and other rope access markets.
Cheers

800 lb applied to a throw line is some serious testing!
I haven't given much consideration to the wall thickness and hardness/softness, but surely the sacrificial fid will be an upgrade from a plastic tampon applicator, and less potentially lethal than a plumb bob! If the sacrifice is in vain, I'll pillage the piggy bank for a RopeShield, with no regrets.

I used to own a yellow plastic skidding cone, and was amazed how well it stood up to some serious abuse.

Appreciate your professionalism, and that you have not become hostile and defensive. The "inventor" of another rigging device comes to mind.

Cheers!

The scenaros in the video, looked to me, like a Weaver Neon Bullet High Performance Throw Weight would have pulled through also. The device you designed would also snag in a tight crotch. Make a video showing your design pulling threw a crotch, and a bag getting stuck. I might be sold then.

Here is the original vids of that tight crotch and a few more.
I did my best to explain the major differences between the classic bag and a RopeKnight.

Please let me know if the visuals are good enough.
Last possible thing is to give a try. We do Guarantee it out performs a throw bag in
every way. In a way it is try before you buy.
1st shows the RopeKnight that is the full throw weight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFDpgHdgiQ0&list=UUrryWlE1QulSV_gPHsBUh1Q

2nd vid show the RopeShield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6U_Vk_KGIg&list=FLrryWlE1QulSV_gPHsBUh1Q

Thanks for your time!
Cheers

The Ropeshield looks like one more item to add to my buy list. In the mean time, I usually put a clove hitch at the very end of the line I'm pulling and wrap it with some white electrical tape. White tape because it keeps things cleaner, the black tape will leave black residue on the climbing line and throw line.

I can see the Ropeshield doing a better job than some tape in real difficult situations but I have simply taped up the transition from the throw line to the climbing line and gotten myself out of a jam more than once.

Tape works, used to buy it by the box.
Found another type with thicker vinyl, it worked a bit better. In the end
it was all too soft but did get me thru quite a few sticky situations.

RopeShield is smoother, hard, and frictionless and less likely to jam
and won't corrupt the way tape or plastics do.
Always a pain unravelling all that tape to, mb 20 or more wraps:mad:
Cheers

like everything new in this industry

Waaaaaaay over priced. $ 45 is kinda high for something like that . But 160+ that's laughable. I'm ok with my "non green" " un ecofriendly" black jap wrap . 2" electrical tape .

I can spin one of those out on a metal lathe for about $20.:rock:

I wanted a throw ball, 1 beaner , 1 hdt roller from sherrill . Those idiots wanted $67 in shipping. The guy said he could get it down to $55 for ground freight. Wtf?

I ahve done this as well but skip all the duct tape because it is just to malleable and creates a stopper plug, and eventually the cord tears thru the rope or the loops.

Still it is a fine technique but why use a Dead Blow hammer when the job calls for something with considerably more persuasion like a Maul.

Cone shape with a Hard smooth finish is the real winner to get thru those tight forks and little bits

View attachment 290304

Plus everything else it can do! 6 Tools in one device adds to getting you in the tree faster to get you home sooner to the ones you love.

View attachment 290305

Available at TreeStuff.com, Freeworker.com. Atreas.com

Back