Ropetek Wraptor on Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my Wraptor arrived no Wednesday. Yesterday was the first time I was able to use it in a tree. It worked flawlessly, and I had a $hit eating grin on my face the whole time. I ascended about 40 ft 5X and never broke a sweat!

Set-up was not much longer than installing a DbRT system and my climb line and other essentials were carted up the tree with me. SO overall this thing makes it efficient in regards to time, and energy savings.

Now that I have used it, I can see leaving my bucket truck in the yard a LOT more. I thought of the Wraptor as a toy prior to owning one. It is a well designed TOOL, that will put money in your pocket faster than anything else you will purchase for tree work!

I love mine too.

We should discuss some operation considerations.

I am wondering with all the torque of the Tanaka, and it is mass torque, just what will happen if you are cruising up and the machine becomes lodged in a crevice before you could react to get off the throttle.

It seems like the cog would spin on the srt line and damage it (maybe even break it). This is not an extreme safety concern as the ascender above the machine would likely catch you if the srt line failed but just wondering what others thought about this situation as it is certainly a possibility if one was to slip with footing or cause similar swift repositioning of the machine that could put it in a dead end situation.

You should try out a free demo Nails.

I have been occasionally running it up a 16 strand climbing line too and it does not feel as stable as the line Paul sent with it.

I don't know the spec's on Paul's line, just saw a picture, but would Tachyon be comparable? cause that's what I use now.

I don't know the spec's on Paul's line, just saw a picture, but would Tachyon be comparable? cause that's what I use now.

I do not know as there was no identification with the line when I got it and he told me he had it manufactured specifically for this.

Back to what I mentioned earlier.....another red flag in operation would be if you had a very open crotch you ran the srt thru you could conversely run the wraptor right thru the crotch if you fell asleep behind the wheel and that would be a fast trip down the other side.

Very unlikely to happen but dumber things happen every day.

I do have a 19 tree deadwood gig starting, so that's what's got me. A free demo would be nice, but then I know I'd buy it and I am billing this one hourly.
Kinda cut my own throat with the Wraptor, lol.

I do have a 19 tree deadwood gig starting, so that's what's got me. A free demo would be nice, but then I know I'd buy it and I am billing this one hourly.
Kinda cut my own throat with the Wraptor, lol.

No doubt unless you take a novel up in the canopy with you each time.:)

Latest posts

Back