Rotors on rope bridge.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW4130

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here use one of these on their rope bridge? Picked this Black Diamond one up at a local rock climbing store today and figured I'd give it a shot. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 52
Its called a swivel. I had one on the bridge of my sequoia for several years and I liked it ok. It doesnt actually stop your line from twisting like I thought it would but it helps. I now just use the ring that came with my new tribe saddle. I figured the swivel should get retired with my old saddle even though its prolly fine. I kinda like the ring better to be honest but I am not sure why. If I am tying in with two climbing lines I kinda liked the swivel better because it would turn so both carabiners sat real nice and didnt twist the bridge at all. I am not sure if your even supposed to have both biners clipped to the swivel though but thats how I did it. Seems like I read here thats a bad practice anyway.

Its called a swivel. I had one on the bridge of my sequoia for several years and I liked it ok. It doesnt actually stop your line from twisting like I thought it would but it helps. I now just use the ring that came with my new tribe saddle. I figured the swivel should get retired with my old saddle even though its prolly fine. I kinda like the ring better to be honest but I am not sure why. If I am tying in with two climbing lines I kinda liked the swivel better because it would turn so both carabiners sat real nice and didnt twist the bridge at all. I am not sure if your even supposed to have both biners clipped to the swivel though but thats how I did it. Seems like I read here thats a bad practice anyway.
Right on, this one actually had a paper with it that specifically said it was made to handle multiple biners. So I guess this ones ok to do that with. I'm pretty exited to see how much it actually will help. :)

In order to stop the line from crossing then tail end would have to be up and away from you over a redirect, like a branch. Otherwise your legs just catch the tail end when you rotate.

SWEET! I've been waiting for a hydra or rook with larger holes. I ride a hitchhiker. I believe it would organize well with one.

Back