RRRRRetard!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weather in San Diego is retarded,,almost 90 degrees today,,:p
I agree with Dave. People are too sensitive.
Jeff

Yup. It is just as retarded to expect everyone else to restrict their speech and vocabulary to one persons limited perspective as it is to drop big trees on power lines. Trying to police everyone else into being PC is just another form of retardation.

I pretty much hate being politically correct, or any other form of not saying it the way it is.

Yup. It is just as retarded to expect everyone else to restrict their speech and vocabulary to one persons limited perspective as it is to drop big trees on power lines. Trying to police everyone else into being PC is just another form of retardation.

I pretty much hate being politically correct, or any other form of not saying it the way it is.
I think this place dumbs you down and that makes me feel bad !

I appologize if the language I used was offensive to anyone on here. The term that I would have preferred to use probably would have been bleeped out as being far more profane in nature.

I had a bad day today, and will have to pay for my mistakes. The job will not be profitable, but that is on me. To hear that these bastards are getting off without much in the way of consequences is just disgusting to me, aside of course from the fact that they showed such little respect for people.

I have been accused (mainly by my wife - who works at a charity for children with disabilities) as being as big a pig as anyone on here and I complain about being PC. However, if you use that kind of terminology too frequently, it will come out in inopportune times (eg in front of client with a challenged child) and may cost you jobs. The less you use that kind of terminology in casual conversation, the less likelihood it will slip out when it could cause you extreme embarrassment.

I guess what I mean is that some people have their view of the word and some of the other people have a a different view of the word.
I expected someone to pick this up, but he must be busy.
I know that one's perception is their reality,
but so is mine and I don't need to cater to one's reality,(actually I do, in a way.)
I don't use the word.
Jeff

I have a son with special needs, he is not mentally handicapped, but after going thru 2 years of chemo and radiation, he was left with some issues from the side affects. He is legally deaf and blind in one eye. Because of this, he has to go to certain special ed classes because of his hearing, and he hates it. If someone called him retarded to his face, or to me, I would punch them right then and there (if he didn't get to them first!). However, if someone, while my son was there, called something retarded. Lets take that football player everyone is making a big deal out of. The fact that it is news worthy, is phucking retarded. I would take no offense. It is in the context in which the word is used. Some people go out of their was to be PC police, its like they are looking, hoping, someone says something out of line, so they can jump on it. Like they are the appointed magistrate. To use the word, to describe someone with mental handicap, to their face, is pretty pathetic. I have often heard doctors and parents say "mentally retarded" to describe someone in a official diagnosis. To use it to describe something that is foolish,like a climber who cuts himself out of a tree, is really not a big deal. The word had become generic to describe many things. No different than Bobcat, a word that has become generic to describe a skid loader. Again, all in the context.

Last edited:
I use the word bastard too often. I should change, but it doesn't seem too likely.

I think it's usage has graduated quite a bit over time. It started out as a simple identification of someone's parentage, back in the days when that was important to society. It wasn't too big a deal when you were the bastard child of the king of England, it just meant that you were not intended to inherit the throne. Obviously, the use of the term always carried more significance according to how much you worried about your position in society.

From there, it became an insult intended to be hurtful about someone's parentage. Real fighting words to some folks, at least when I was younger. Anymore, it seems to be used to just to express the low opinion that you have of someone, and does not seem to reflect any truth about the person you are applying the term to.

I'm fed up with all this of this PC crap. Lots of words have several accepted definitions of use . ( acceped by who i dont care ) I may just be a sociopath but I don't understand or feel at all bad how someone calling a couple idiots dropping tree on power lines retarded ( obviously it was a defective thought process) seems to fit the bill, I understood he was not praising the idiots and trying to say they did everything correctly in a professional manner , life isn't roses and I'm sure the poster was not refuring to your son so being offended is not justified . We hell on this type of sensitive don't want to break a nail hope my socks match my pants thinking they are looking for Bigfoot.... I have big feet!!! Are they talking about me???? That's it's !!! I'm calling this **** of a producer and and calling him a f tard

I'm fed up with all this of this PC crap. Lots of words have several accepted definitions of use . ( acceped by who i dont care ) I may just be a sociopath but I don't understand or feel at all bad how someone calling a couple idiots dropping tree on power lines retarded ( obviously it was a defective thought process) seems to fit the bill, I understood he was not praising the idiots and trying to say they did everything correctly in a professional manner , life isn't roses and I'm sure the poster was not refuring to your son so being offended is not justified . We hell on this type of sensitive don't want to break a nail hope my socks match my pants thinking they are looking for Bigfoot.... I have big feet!!! Are they talking about me???? That's it's !!! I'm calling this **** of a producer and and calling him a f tard
"Referring"

Back