Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm done splitting!!!

0323151900a.jpg

All 4 piles are done and 1 very full truck..... to be unloaded tomorrow.

0323151851b.jpg

0323151852a.jpg

I found the sledge hammer and let those blocks have it till they popped from the ground, and then unfortunately had to chip the frozen dirt and ice off the blocks. Each block got at least a 2in rip in one end to get the first split done, a couple of the quarters had to be ripped also, dang tough wood.

I forgot how dirty pine can be, that's under the bark.

0323151523a.jpg

So to keep the splitter runnin' so I could get done, a chain and binder were installed. I used a 5ft pipe to pull that binder closed and still I saw the ram mount pull open a few times.

0323151651a.jpg

18 blocks, 6 hrs....buh....no more large blocks again.....or left on bare ground

Got around to unloading the last of the split to the box, just a rick or 2 in there...

0324151929c.jpg

0324151930b.jpg

Ya, we got a little burp of spring snow, fun stuff, shoveling slurpee....

Our creeks an river are flowing around here so doing that would be a little tough. We had planed some quad/sled trail clean up this year but we couldn't get our ducks in a row and I wasn't going to do it solo.

Nice rig ya got there though.

Our creeks an river are flowing around here so doing that would be a little tough. We had planed some quad/sled trail clean up this year but we couldn't get our ducks in a row and I wasn't going to do it solo.

Nice rig ya got there though.

Yep, as yesterday they are all open here as well. The rivers have been for a while. About the only way to get the wood out of there is by hand (ain't gonna happen) or with the ATV and a small trailer. I need to do something to get a wider tire stance on the trailer. In that picture, the load is taller than the width of the trailer.

Ya they can get really tippy quick if get past the center of gravity too high.

Have you seen the free to me trailer I have behind my Big Bear?

I think it's an really old car frame with a cut and bend front, weld on a coupler, couple pieces of plywood...and ya gata trailer. Nice and wide and stable, will take a huge load but a bit heavy and awkward at times is the other side though. I have a smaller one but it's very light weight build.

Ya they can get really tippy quick if get past the center of gravity too high.

Have you seen the free to me trailer I have behind my Big Bear?

I think it's an really old car frame with a cut and bend front, weld on a coupler, couple pieces of plywood...and ya gata trailer. Nice and wide and stable, will take a huge load but a bit heavy and awkward at times is the other side though. I have a smaller one but it's very light weight build.

I have not seen your ATV trailer, maybe it's in this thread? I do have another 4x6 trailer made from an automotive axle and has 14" wheels. That is my usual firewood trailer, problem is it's too big to use in the creek.

Latest posts

Back