Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, every once in a while, I actually pull a load for a delivery to a special customer:

14%2B-%2B1
Impressive looking load there!

So I did a few loads but.... my phone decided to only save a few pic....

So here's what's left

Another load of split from pile 1 +3, pretty much done now.

0316151437a.jpg

Pile 2 finally emerged from the snow...yet to be processed...and a teaser of the 1.4ish cord load on the 4x4 that came out of the yard. The full pic went into the ether....

0315151542a.jpg

And an ugly load of kibbles on the back and 4ft's in the front from the bush today. 4ft's are going on the pile and going to burn the kibbles cause it's sooo warm right now and I'm right on the border of shutting down the boiler

0316151941b.jpg

The full on Suck Season is just about here and I'll have to step away from the saw for a while shortly.

I love it when I cut trees and it ends up to be exactly two loads.

View attachment 413373
? and here you were trying to make us believe that you didn't know what you were doing!! !!"SHAME "!! on you for trying to fool us and it's not even April 1st yet? lol good try there "SVK" you almost had us.....

? and here you were trying to make us believe that you didn't know what you were doing!! !!"SHAME "!! on you for trying to fool us and it's not even April 1st yet? lol good try there "SVK" you almost had us.....
Hey I thought I was doing good lol. I don't often cut volume amounts of birch so it worked pretty well. OTOH I can eyeball an aspen and tell you almost exactly how much it will yield.

Another chunk from the last bought of splitting.

0317151907a.jpg

That really made the splitter work, probably 4 tries on each end before it popped, and then it still put up the good fight for each 1/4ing.

Here's the load I did yesterday, I really want to get done already...

0322151511a.jpg

This lil block said no way I'm gona split, had to use the saw to rip a 2in grove in it and a few others, then it split but one of the halves was still a bit stuborn and heard an odd clank when it split....

0321151808a.jpg

For size comparison, the knife is 12in's tall.

0322151953a.jpg

and...dang it...cracked the cylinder mount.

0322151953b.jpg

....so took it easy on it and still didn't finish today. So close, the last 18 rounds are still soo frozen to the ground I couldn't pop them free with an ax as it has dropped just below freezing again, trucks 3/4's full again, maybe I'll finish up tomorow.

0322151953c.jpg

I think all these rounds are gona put a hell of fight as the previous ones were no cake walk.

Here's the load I did yesterday, I really want to get done already...

View attachment 414138

This lil block said no way I'm gona split, had to use the saw to rip a 2in grove in it and a few others, then it split but one of the halves was still a bit stuborn and heard an odd clank when it split....

View attachment 414139

For size comparison, the knife is 12in's tall.

View attachment 414140

and...dang it...cracked the cylinder mount.

View attachment 414141

....so took it easy on it and still didn't finish today. So close, the last 18 rounds are still soo frozen to the ground I couldn't pop them free with an ax as it has dropped just below freezing again, trucks 3/4's full again, maybe I'll finish up tomorow.

View attachment 414142

I think all these rounds are gona put a hell of fight as the previous ones were no cake walk.
Glad to see the weld held good enough to finish your day.

Back