Ryobi C4620 (RY10520) Poor Chain Tension Design

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smata67

Reaction score
I really like how this saw performed for $200. Cut 14" oak trunk with ease, little vibration and noise, and good safety features in the tip guard and chainbreak. But during first use, the chain tensioner started acting up. I may have attempted to overtighten, but was not abusive. The geared assembly sits in the plastic chain cover, appears to have been buggered up while tightening. Notice damaged plastic holder on both ends is worn away. The metal cover for the tensioner is made of the thinnest gage metal. I am most likely going to return this within the 30 day return period, shame, because I was overall pleased with it. So my question is this, the Poulan Pro 20" that seems so popular here as a budget saw, is it the same saw as this? Does it have a more robust chain tensioner?

Neither, go get a Stihl or a Husky, even a Echo would be better. You can pick up a 180 Stihl for around 200. You will be much happier.

Back