Redmax G5000 First Impressions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been going around in circles, looking for a good 2nd firewood saw for a while now. The only saw dealer in my town in Princeton BC Canada is a Stihl dealer and he is pricey with few deals-only Stihl sale prices. The saws I have considered lately is: Efco 152, Redmax G5000,the Efco seems to have the slight edge in torque?-(looking at "Stihl Crazy" youtube vids-"sawnut"). I recently went to wood heat so estimate I will need 6 cords a year or about 36 tanks of fuel. My 024 av super does the job but I want another saw; i bought the 024 in 1983. I want a newer saw to last, but not to heavy, prefer the 024 weight but might look at the Husqvarna 455 or Stihl ms290(can get this one for $450+tax. There is also a MS260 for $600 +tax but the high price stops me. Any suggestions to my search? Should I go with the Efco or Redmax? The Husky 455 is $600 + tax in Kamloops BC:msp_rolleyes:

I discovered in my search today that the Redmax G5000 and the Echo CS510 are the same saw, I wonder who makes them?

Last edited:
I know this is a very old thread but I need to correct the previous post. In no way is an echo cs510 the same as a g5000, the g5000 has a full metal case and bar mount while the cs510 is a clamshell engine in a plastic cradle. Almost no parts interchange. The remington rodeo saw is built like the cs510.

The remington rodeo saw is built like the cs510.
Actually it is a Chinese clone based on the G5000 family - it is not a clamshell.

Edit: oops, my bad. The Rodeo is a clamshell based on an old McCulloch design. I was thinking of the Outlaw.

Latest posts

Back