Sach Dolmar 120 super needs coil, any hope in finging one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pine knot

Reaction score
I have a Sachs Dolmar 120 super with an intermitted coil problem. Took it to my local Dolmar dealer and his first suggestion was to by a new saw! I doubted that any of the new ones would be able to hold a candle to my “old beast”. He first started with tune up then, on to a carb rebuild, and then he informed me I needed a new piston and cylinder. He was able to get it started and was impressed with its performance; he even took some of the guys in the shop out back to show them what the old timer could do. Got a call to pick it up and between the call and me getting there he went to started one more time and could not get it to start. I came into the shop, my saw broke down on the work bench. He told me it was the coil and started looking for one. 2-3 months later I call and he had not been able to find one so I pick up my saw in pieces in a box handed a bill for several hundred dollars. But hey I did get “we’re sorry” as I left. So after my sob story does anyone know of an updated coil or work around that would work for this? THANKS

Dunno 'bout all of the supers, but i have found they have the same bosch set-up as the 152/153s (and some 056 mags)

Take it apart and solder in a new wire before it passes through the base all the way to the kill switch,.

This is what I have.
ujynagy6.jpg
ehy9ahub.jpg

Husqvarna Go-To Man

This is what I have.
ujynagy6.jpg
ehy9ahub.jpg

Husqvarna Go-To Man

Is that a 112?

Have several supers and they all have the complete module under the flywheel?

Like said, if'n you find the Bosch under there the problem 9 out of 10 times is the kill switch wire shorting to ground.

Bet all them guys with 056 Mag 11s with bad ignitions would like to get ahold of one too. (if'n they have the Bosch flywheel)

428.JPG

Still waiting to hear back from the original poster,OP, to find out if he really does have a 120Super. The 120 Super has a totally different ignition system from the regular 120. The 120 Super has the ignition just like the one in the pict posted by Sachsmo, that man knows his Dolmars.

I found an SEM? under a 120 Super too?
Still waiting to hear back from the original poster,OP, to find out if he really does have a 120Super. The 120 Super has a totally different ignition system from the regular 120. The 120 Super has the ignition just like the one in the pict posted by Sachsmo, that man knows his Dolmars.

The more I play with them the less I know for sure.

I was out in the shed working on my latest 143 and took a look at a 'project in a box' tag on that one reads,

it has an SEM?

It came to me with a 49mm bore, so I assumed it was a Super?

Latest posts

Back