• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Sach Dolmar 166 Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MPANOZZA

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I am new here, and was refered by a member on here.
I have 2 older saws I am trying to sell and would prefer to sell locally, due to weight, but I have been informed that selling online is going to be the best way to sell these saws.

First I have is a Sach Dolmar 166 Chainsaw. It belonged to my father. I don't know a lot about it other than it does run and cut wood. It has a 3'-4' bar and chain on it.
I sounds like its a very powerful chainsaw. From what I have read about them, it has a 12hp motor.

I know I am new here, and can speak with anyone over the phone if you would like more info on this saw or my other one.

Saw is in VERY GOOD condition for its age. I am not a chainsaw person, so I want to sell it. I could use cash more than a chainsaw.

I listed it on CL, and this guy called me almost instantly about it, and was asking me all sorts of questions. I don't know much about saws, but can try and answer your questions.

message me your number, and I will call you when I am free tomorrow or whenever. Leave a good time to reach you, if any times are bad.

I do have a PayPal if you prefer to use PayPal for payment.
I can do CASH(LOCAL), MONEY ORDER, or PAYPAL.

Saw will not ship until MO has cleared my bank account though (7-10 days)
I was burned on ebay once, sorry!

I would like to get about $1200 for the saw. I am not sure what shipping will be, and the destination will be a big thing also, but I am going to estimate about $50 shipping, so $1250 shipped.

I am open to trades, but not anything to with chainsaws. Mainly GOLD, SILVER, and OLD COINS.

If you are local, or close by, please feel free to message me, and we can set up a time for you to come and check out the saw.

Where is Local? And we req pics on AS. I looked for it on Knoxville Craigslist and didnt see it.

I live in Sunbright,TN, outside of Knoxville, TN.
I listed it, but then removed it once the one guy called me.
I am loading pictures now, and will get them up ASAP.

Where are you locate in TN?

I only delete a CL ad after money is in my hands . Been screwed with too many times ! Cant wait to see some pics...sounds like a cool saw !

Except I sold mine for waaaaay less than the value. I was stupid!
A good guy got it though.
What happened to Cowroy?

I will sell it for you Mark. I small fee of course.

Husqvarna Go-To Man

That is Fine. Post them. I cant get my pictures to load up for some reason.

These are the 4 I got earlier of the 166.
I have 3 of the David Bradley also
udapype7.jpg
y8agyvu9.jpg
huju4evu.jpg
y7y7etyn.jpg
ysyga3yn.jpg
tezybuzy.jpg
aqyzepa9.jpg
na6yvu7e.jpg

If you have more email them to me and I will try and post them for tou

Husqvarna Go-To Man

What happened to Cowroy?

Husqvarna Go-To Man

Cowroy is still around. I think he just bought the Stihl HOS grinder that was listed.

Time to hit the hay. GL on your sale. If you need someone to sell it for you, let me know. I would love to come check it out Saturday if you still have it.

Husqvarna Go-To Man

Thanks. I will let you know what happens here. I will have you list it on eBay if no one here buys it. I would like to wait a day or two first though. That extra 20% would look better in my pocket :)
If I still have it Saturday, I will email you, or message you here and set up a time.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

What happened to Cowroy?

Husqvarna Go-To Man

No. You sold it for the 'value' that was agreed upon by you and the buyer. Collector saw 'value' is a complicated thing. Just because you sold an old chainsaw (albeit a large, cool, desirable model) for less than the sky-high money that other guys have paid for that model.......................it does not make you "stupid". Maybe my 'philosophy' regarding the whole 'collector' saw hobby (and what my priorities and goals are when participating in it) are just different than yours.....................after all I'm "eccentric" and you "sell everything".....:D

Last edited:
Is $1200 too high of a asking price. I was told the value was $1000-$1500 so I figured I would start in the middle

I sent a guy my number on here. Leeha was the name. I was told by sellseverything he is a HUGE collector of the 166.

Latest posts

Back