• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Sach Dolmar 166 Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1200 is a fair good price on nice clean looking and running 166's. I sold a nice 3 owner for 800 once in a package deal to sale 3 all at once. So price was little lower and guy buying was a friend of mine.

I see the 166 is listed as sold. I wonder who bought it?. I would think the new owner would be a member here and post pics?

I bought this saw and paid for it. But the seller seemed it would be
nice to steal my money. I got screwed on this deal and want to warn
everone else here before ever dealing with this thief.

sellseverything was a part of it so i don't trust him either.

No need to reply to this thread. Just wanted to warn other folks.

Lee

Hate to hear it Lee. Clear warning for everyone to not give newbs the time of day. If you dont have a significant post count in the Chainsaw forum, or dont have a well respected member that can vouch for you, you should not be allowed to list anything for sale. Do you have any idea where in TN he lives? full name? etc.

That "sellseverything" had trouble in another thread where a bunch of members bought parts from him that were not delivered. Of course, we didn't know that at the time Lee was buying this saw.

That's exactly what I was just thinking about JJ. Said something about having a baby or something. Hell I've had 3 kids and have still managed to run my trucking business. Surely having a kid doesnt affect running a Internet Parts Sales/ Shipping "backyard" enterprise.

It sucks when people do nasty things and it takes courage to say, 'l was ripped off by a crook'. Thank you leeha for warning the AS membership of this. We all need to look out for each other to prevent other members falling into the same trap. l feel for you as members sent this guy toward you knowing you like those saws.

Is there a good protocol to use going forward? I mean it seems to be a pretty common thing of people getting burned on this site, whenever some new member posts pics of a desirable saw. The worst part about it is that it's always for big money on something like an 090, or a 166, or a solo twin, or a wankel saw.
Should there just be a ton of red flags going off whenever one of these saws come up for sale from a new member, or is the payoff of getting a rare "collector" saw worth the risk? If the potential payoff is worth the risk, and scammers know this, then people will continue to get burned in the future.

Yes, Don't deal with Newbs and verify, verify, verify. I don't care how good of a deal it is- If I cant get a good word on the OP behind the scenes from a respected member- I pass. I generally buy according to "who" is selling, not "what" they are selling. That leads to passing on some models (that I don't want) but having a good/ worry-free buying experience from friends when something comes up that I want. Same goes for anything I sell... anyone interested in a saw of mine can verify my personage with the likes of Mdavlee, Mastermind, Komatsuvarna, DexterDay, Tlandrum, etc. I "say" and "do" the same- there is no variance with me. I buy from those that hold to the same values. And we do repeat business worry free.

Latest posts

Back