• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Sachs-Dolmar 116

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Weld

If it aint broke, it aint mine!
Reaction score
Up for TRADE is a Sachs Dolmar 116 (this is not an "si" saw)

This saw was purchased new around 1986. It has always been used as a homeowner/firewood cutter. There is a small chip missing from the air filter cover, but it does not affect the filter at all (you can see the chip in one of the pictures). It is all stock except the aftermarket dogs and the Golf Piston. I will keep the double dogs and re-install the original large single dog. The original piston was scored at some point. I removed the transfer from the cylinder and installed the new Golf piston / ring with a new base gasket. The fuel lines were replaced a few years ago and are in good shape. It has the original 18” Dolmar bar and will come with 3 chains. This saw starts easily and runs very well. I hope to post a video of it running/cutting tomorrow.

I am the second owner of this saw, and I am no collector. My few saws are working saws (Homeowner firewood cutters). I know there is someone out there who would like to have this old girl in their collection. So I am looking for a local TRADE (in Arkansas) for a more modern saw. I would prefer Sthil, but will consider a Husky as well. My priorities are to trade for a saw of equitable power that I can easily find parts for. I am not looking for show-room shine. I will expect your saw to be as clean as mine though. The one saw I am not interested in is a MS290.

So if you would like to trade for a nice Sachs Dolmar 116, to add to your collection, shoot me a PM!

This first picture is the saw when I received it a couple years ago. The color looks darker, but it is just the lighting.
sd1163.jpg

These are current pictures of the saw. Like stated above, I will re-install the single dog.

sd116one.jpg sd116two.jpg

I would also trade this for a large volume vertical air compressor. I know it is a long shot finding a local trade, but I figure there is someone on here who would love to have an old Sachs-Dolmar to add to their collection. Who knows what I might trade for??
Shoot me a PM if you are interested. If you are local to Arkansas, you are welcome to come to my place and put this saw through its paces. :chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:

Here are more pictures. Still looking for a trade. If you are out of state and want to trade, we can just each handle our own ride. I am really interested in a Stihl of equitable power/condition.
I have 2 original SD 18" bars and 4 chains that will come with this saw. You can see one of the bars in the photos. The other bar is in equitable condition.

SD1.jpg sd2.jpg sd3.jpg sd4.jpg sd5.jpg sd6.jpg sd7.jpg

Back