Sachs Dolmar 117 rebuild?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally received a new piston with rings. New piston has an arrow stamped on the top.Does the arrow point toward the muffler, my guess, or toward the carburetor? What is the secret required to get the rings to slide into the cylinder?

The arrow points to the muffler.

Final update: Installed the piston in the cylinder and then installed the piston on the connecting rod. Just by pulling the starter rope I can tell compression has increased. Smokes a bit at wide open throttle but attributing that to the oil I used in the cylinder to aid the rings installation. But if it never stops smoking, don't care. The saw is running great in my opinion and will see more cords of firewood before its final demise.

Thanks for all the advice.

John

Forgot to give that seller in Greece a plug. If you have a 117/119/120 he has the piston and rings. Takes about 3 weeks to arrive.

I'm pretty sure I have an oem piston and cylinder for one of those saws. It's 47mm, and appears to be new.
If you'll take it apart send me a pics of the intake side of the cylinder, and dimensions on the piston, I'll verify fitment. If it's right, it's yours for $20, plus the cost of shipping. It is missing the rings, but a good set of caber rings is easy to snag.
Have been looking for a set for my 117 w/ 47mm piston & rings. Yours still available?

I'm pretty sure I have an oem piston and cylinder for one of those saws. It's 47mm, and appears to be new.
If you'll take it apart send me a pics of the intake side of the cylinder, and dimensions on the piston, I'll verify fitment. If it's right, it's yours for $20, plus the cost of shipping. It is missing the rings, but a good set of caber rings is easy to snag.
Hi ,Do you have still replacment kit for dolmar 117? Thanks

Hi,do you have still piston and cylinder to Sachs dolmar 117?

Hi Domino 40.

119 130 001 Cylinder Piston for Dolmar 120, but can be used on Dolmar 117.
Its a 47mm piston. I have 4-5 sets. Shhhh don't tell anyone !

image 117 120 cylinder assy 1.jpegimage 117 120 cylinder assy 2.jpeg
-oldpartsinasia Joe

and don't tell anyone that 2 crankshafts left.
119 120 004 Cranksshaft

I should have the cylinder gaskets and needle cage too. Must check.

image 117 crankshaft.jpeg

-oldpartsinsia Joe

Latest posts

Back