Sachs=Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl Crazys no deco 7900

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thats a NEW one cause it has the new bracket on the top handle mount
Also has euro style small dog spike bar

Scott

Last edited:
Today was the first day running it. I set it 700 rpm under the limiter and it has good power there. After another 10 tanks I will set it up alittle. The only thing I didn't like was that the top handle seems very slippery in the wet, but that is a minor thing. Well I have to go play with my 166.

attachment.php

It is a bit goofy at first on the Dolmar. I think it is made for the Huskies but does work on the 7900. I was playing with it when I took the pic and when I actually started putting on the bar I found I had to flip it around so the extra length is towards the front of the saw. You also have to remove the screw that holds the shield in or you can do what I did and custom file it a bit.

Here is the adapter...
http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/5841?mv_session_id=nAuV9bon&product_sku=10030

This is what I did...

First pic is original.
attachment.php

This is how I modified it. I wish mine turned out like this photoshopped version... But it did work. I just used a round file and whittled it down.
attachment.php

Is it just me or was there a mention of the mysterious bar-oil leaking on the Dolmar 7900? I thought someone said something on an earlier post? No one else commented so maybe it was a totally isolated incident as we haven't seen that type of problem.

I have seen a few ripped AV mounts on the 7900 from pinched bars and VERY large loggers. Harry of the Henderson's needs to learn not to pinch the bar.....and not to boot-pull the saw when he makes and oops.

I didn't mention it untill now, but both of my 7900's leak oil.
One is an older orange top made into a race saw. The other is only 1 year old, and leaks worse than the old one, but I still like it.

Andy

Nice pics, René. How much of a marketshare does Dolmar have over your way in the chainsaw market? In the Outdoor Power Equipment industry, generallly?

Incidentally, if you ever feel like exporting a bunch of those smaller felling dawgs/spikes, the ones that are on your Makita, to the USA (since we can't get them here and a bunch of guys would like them), drop me a PM!!

attachment.php

It is a bit goofy at first on the Dolmar. I think it is made for the Huskies but does work on the 7900. I was playing with it when I took the pic and when I actually started putting on the bar I found I had to flip it around so the extra length is towards the front of the saw. You also have to remove the screw that holds the shield in or you can do what I did and custom file it a bit.

Here is the adapter...
http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/5841?mv_session_id=nAuV9bon&product_sku=10030

I use one of those on my 3120, but had to lengthen the slot in the Stihl mount bar in order to get any adjustment at all. The adapter made the slot too short, but apparently you didn't have that problem on the Dolmar.

Minor PITA, but way better than buying new bars. Gotta love those Stihl bars.

Mark

Nice pics, René. How much of a marketshare does Dolmar have over your way in the chainsaw market? In the Outdoor Power Equipment industry, generallly?

Incidentally, if you ever feel like exporting a bunch of those smaller felling dawgs/spikes, the ones that are on your Makita, to the USA (since we can't get them here and a bunch of guys would like them), drop me a PM!!

I think 25 %

Sorry I am not with you, do you mean the smaler
Spikebars???
This is a picture from yesterday
DCS7900und1524.jpg

:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Last edited:
Back