Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took picture of mine, but having compatabilty issues with windows 7.

It does not support my old sony for some reason?

And the newer camera didn't like the blast cabinet media (note to self, keep camera out of pocket when blasting)

Took picture of mine, but having compatabilty issues with windows 7.

It does not support my old sony for some reason?

And the newer camera didn't like the blast cabinet media (note to self, keep camera out of pocket when blasting)

Time to switch to Apple...

'95 was the last year for the metal serial number plate. '96 went to the decal on the tank.

Ahh,

The mail Lady came just in time.

attachment.php

attachment.php

No worries, they are fine saws, if you don't have a tag, just tell whomever that the "sticker" came off.

EPA will be the death of 2 strokes fo' sure.

Any news on the big Dolmar (if you can respond without ramification)

I don't need no stinkin' 166!
But I want one

I "need" another saw like a hole in the head. Past year I got rid of 4. Down to 2. New 5105 and a 020avs. I WANT another Dolmar or Sachs/Dolmar or Makita. I am hooked. Wife will shoot me, then leave me, then divorce me, then shoot me again! So how do I go about getting one?:msp_confused: :msp_scared::laugh: Fixer-upper okay. Doesnt need to be big. 30-40cc?

After reading through this thread for the last week I felt I should submit a post.
I bought my 112 new in '78 and used it for building demolition and site clearing for a few years before moving on to other things. I kept the Dolmar, I always liked that saw, nice to use, nicely balanced and never let me down, I have to admit it wasn't looked after very well but it never let me. It seems like every ten years I'd get it going then put it back in the shed for another 10 years. Any way this time around I'm making a bit more of an effort.
I replaced the tank fuel line, removed and replaced the cylinder cleaning up the bit of carbon build up and satisfying myself the piston and cylinder are in good order.
I then bought a donor 112 and from the donor replaced the aluminium handle with a pretty red one, also ex the donor a chain brake guard, one isolation mount, a 45cm roller tipped bar, bar cover and a new sprocket and bearing which came with it but never fitted. The donor also came with a new in box Mako piston and ring, it was a trade in they intended to get going but never got around to it.
I did pretty well out of the donor but still need a couple of chain guards if anyone can help.
Overall i'm very happy my 112 is getting back into working order

I'm having trouble tuning the carby I've pulled the carby down and blown it out a couple of times, I'm thinking a diaphragm and gasket kit may be in required, any suggestions.

I would like to get the donor going with the new piston, the cylinder looks pretty bad but maybe it's not as bad as it looks I've attached a pic what do people think can it be saved.
Any way that's my little story to date I've learn't a lot from this thread, thanks everyone.View attachment 278386View attachment 278387

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back