Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Service manual for Dolmar PS-5100s model chainsaw

Do any of you know where to get my hands on a Service manual for Dolmar PS-5100s model chainsaw
replacing the piston and rings need to know torque specs for the four bolts attaching the cylinder jug to the crancase?
Thanks
For any information
Barry

Do any of you know where to get my hands on a Service manual for Dolmar PS-5100s model chainsaw
replacing the piston and rings need to know torque specs for the four bolts attaching the cylinder jug to the crancase?
Thanks
For any information
Barry

Just post your request in the thread marked "Beg for Manuals" in the stickies section. Lots of guys here eager to help out. :msp_smile:

Hey guys, I just posted a couple Dolmar PS-6800i, PS-6000i, 116Si, 120Si Full wrap handles over in the auction classifieds if any of yall are interested.

Another Yellow Dolmar

This is 1986 Sachs Dolmar 110 sold as a McCulloch Pro Mac 4300 for the aussie market, It needed minor repairs.
New AV buffers and swap the friction starter for a conventional flywheel and starter pulley.
I cant find another air filter so some felt & hot glue gun might have to do.

I was surprised to see Borg Warner stamped on the carby, for a while I believe Borg Warner owned Tillotson , It's a good little runner.

View attachment 284079View attachment 284080View attachment 284081View attachment 284082

This is 1986 Sachs Dolmar 110 sold as a McCulloch Pro Mac 4300 for the aussie market, It needed minor repairs.
New AV buffers and swap the friction starter for a conventional flywheel and starter pulley.
I cant find another air filter so some felt & hot glue gun might have to do.

I was surprised to see Borg Warner stamped on the carby, for a while I believe Borg Warner owned Tillotson , It's a good little runner.

View attachment 284079View attachment 284080View attachment 284081View attachment 284082

I've probably got 40-50 of those air filters for those saws. Also have some brand new friction starter assembly's in stock but they are orange.

Gonna have to get some more Yellow Dolmars to go along with the SP118!

Any thoughts?

I have been cutting a ton of wood with the new 5105 the last few days. I notice some of the VERY fine dust (yes, chain is sharp!!) is getting through the stock mesh air filter. Has anyone used the fiber one that is available, part #181 173 190, and if it makes any difference. Should I be concerned, or is the stuff so fine I have nothing to worry about? I clean the filter a few times throughout the day. Thanks for the help.

I have been cutting a ton of wood with the new 5105 the last few days. I notice some of the VERY fine dust (yes, chain is sharp!!) is getting through the stock mesh air filter. Has anyone used the fiber one that is available, part #181 173 190, and if it makes any difference. Should I be concerned, or is the stuff so fine I have nothing to worry about? I clean the filter a few times throughout the day. Thanks for the help.

Running good?

Mine is stock and does leave a bit of fines through.

It runs like a banshee, so don't think it hurts?

You been cutting dead stuff?

anyone got a dolmar or makita 510/5105 laying around? need to know total height of the cylinder itself and maybe a few more measurements.

Last edited:
Running good?

Mine is stock and does leave a bit of fines through.

It runs like a banshee, so don't think it hurts?

You been cutting dead stuff?

Runs great..like a banshee also! Stuff is dead now!!!:msp_w00t: Seriously, most is pretty green, but some is punky and dusty. Seems okay, but I figure the stuff getting through is small enough, it just burns up. At least that is what I tell myself! I got rid of my Homelite SXL for this one....night & day! The XL was a good saw, but my arms are not 25 years old anymore. I can cut all day with the Dolmar. Thanks for the reply.

I am in need of several large mount Stihl/Sachs Dolmar bars for the ever increasing herd.

24"-36" will be fine, but smaller/larger would be considered.

Anyone with a good stash?

Thanks,

mo

I am in need of several large mount Stihl/Sachs Dolmar bars for the ever increasing herd.

24"-36" will be fine, but smaller/larger would be considered.

Anyone with a good stash?

Thanks,

mo

I'd help you out if i could mo.
But with my increasing Sachs Dolmar heard,
I'm runnin short on nice bars as well.
If i see any i will let you know.

Uncle Lee

Back