Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone I am a long time reader of this forum and new member.Just thought Id say hello. I just bought my first Sachs Dolmar its a 133 Super I picked up for 70 bucks with a 32 inch bar. It had about an inch of dust on it and looked like it had been sitting up for years. I got it home and cleaned it up filled it up with fuel and much to my suprise it roared to life on the third pull. Its a great saw now Im hooked and looking for more Sachs Dolmars.

So what you're saying is that you bought a 32" bar and chain for 70 bucks and got a free 133 Super. Don't take this the wrong way but you suck!

Oh, and congrats! Welcome to AS!

Hello everyone I am a long time reader of this forum and new member.Just thought Id say hello. I just bought my first Sachs Dolmar its a 133 Super I picked up for 70 bucks with a 32 inch bar. It had about an inch of dust on it and looked like it had been sitting up for years. I got it home and cleaned it up filled it up with fuel and much to my suprise it roared to life on the third pull. Its a great saw now Im hooked and looking for more Sachs Dolmars.

Well, you always start with one eh?

Them 133s are pretty stout 5 cube saws. It's amazing how well they run when you look at the porting of the 143 (55mm) jug.

The uppers on the 133 are fully half the area of the 143.

attachment.php

Nice saws them 133s.

Just got 26 pounds of Sachs Dolmar parts from out West. Inside was a mostly complete 143MX with good P&C and spark

There was a also a 116si with no spark and a carcass of a 120.

The 143 has some case damage, but them 55mm P&Cs are getting hard to find. There is a guy sitting on 10 OEM P&Cs for the 143, but last I saw he was asking close to $400 ea.!

parts aint cheap and not easy to find. The chain brake handle was cracked on mine but after searching and finding only one that they wanted an arm and a leg for. I took some epoxy putty and filled in the plastic grid on the handle. Sanded it smooth and painted it $10.00 worth of epoxy was alot cheaper than the used handle they wanted $60.00 for.

Good on you,

If you start putzin' with old saws it would be a good idea to have some fabrication skills,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Or a fat wallet.

Them 133s are pretty stout saws, I have one with a .404 25" bar. It is a good felling saw and a really tourqy stumper.
attachment.php

Good looking saw you got there.Fab skills are very handy the bar that came with mine is a Stilh ES. Who ever had it before me only drilled out one adjustment hole and did nothing to the oil holes. I bet he wondered why his chains kept growing. So I followed some advice from here and with a diamond bit on my Dremel I cut a little channel down about an 1/8 Now the chain gets plenty of oil

Nice saws them 133s.

Just got 26 pounds of Sachs Dolmar parts from out West. Inside was a mostly complete 143MX with good P&C and spark

There was a also a 116si with no spark and a carcass of a 120.

The 143 has some case damage, but them 55mm P&Cs are getting hard to find. There is a guy sitting on 10 OEM P&Cs for the 143, but last I saw he was asking close to $400 ea.!

Randy Duncan wants $299.99 for them, I got lucky a few years ago and found a good 143 for $75

Last time I saw them listed on the bag they were $389:msp_ohmy::msp_ohmy:

Yup from that guy in Ohio, I got those three parts saws for $75 + shipping.

I be on the lookout for really nasty grubby SDs. The purty ones always go high!

I kinda had the feeling that one was a 143mx, the give away was the plastic tank.

The only one's I've seen with a de-comp were the 343 cut-offs?

That's not to say some others didn't have them. All but one of my 133/143s have the mag tank and no de-comp. (the 55mm on the mx has no de-comp either)

Wow ole Randall must be having a sale. Even at $299 it would only make sense if;

1. The saw was given to me in great shape

2. Got the saw super cheap in great shape

3. The saw had sentimental value

Even at $299 me thinks Mr. Duncan can sit on them P&Cs until they hatch!

Is there any alternative to coils on these saws other than the original Bosch or SEM

Not that i have found as of yet. Thats the biggest
problem with the 133 and 143 saws. You loose spark
and you could be suckin wind.

As for your chain brake handle. It's the same handle as most
all the other models from that era. 112 through 166. Not a
hard item to find and should be able to get one cheap.

Lee

My Flying Saw 5.8 sachs

Hello to all,

I hope I'm not barging into anything here? When it comes to single cylinder radio control airplane engines-Sachs/Dolmar are by far the BEST!::msp_w00t: I have done many conversions, and I know you guys are going to frown on this but I cut all the unnecessary weight off of the crank casing, install a battery operated electronic ignition , make an engine mount, turn the carb with a phenolic manifold, some machining for a propeller hub and to the fly wheel also and d you got you self a lifetime engine. We don't even run close to what environments these saws are under for tree cutting. I've used many saws and sachs has the less vibration for the RPM we run per propeller efficiency that is approx 6,800 to 7,100 on the ground, + 10%-- or 1,000 in the air is what you pick up.

Attached is my P-40 Warhawk with a 5.8 Sachs-the hauls the mail around 100+ mph.

I'm looking for any saws that can't be used for tree cutting anymore per 166, 153, 152 anything in the 100cc + range- I'm thinking broken case were the chain bar mounts, etc that someone would want to sell. Basically the crank shaft assy , cyl head, , piston, engine crank case is what I can use

Thanks, Vinny

5.8 eh?

is that the 95cc 143 engine you got in that bird?

If so, you just missed a good one on the bag.

I mill with 152s/153s and have a few 6 cube Husqvarnas as well.

Bet a 48mm stroke 166 mill would make that bad boy VERY BAD!

Latest posts

Back