Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
112 clutch

I just bought a pretty nice little Sachs Dolmar 112 off of CL. The said it hadn't been started in 2 years but had been stored dry. I added gas and it fired up and ran/idled pretty well. However, the clutch doesn't work, springs are in place but I guess either the shoes are worn or the springs are weak. My question for now though is that the clutch nut has worn a hole through the clutch cover. It seems as though it would be still touching if the hole wasn't there. Everything seems tight and the clutch cover isn't bent in. What is wrong here?

Thanks!

I just bought a pretty nice little Sachs Dolmar 112 off of CL. The said it hadn't been started in 2 years but had been stored dry. I added gas and it fired up and ran/idled pretty well. However, the clutch doesn't work, springs are in place but I guess either the shoes are worn or the springs are weak. My question for now though is that the clutch nut has worn a hole through the clutch cover. It seems as though it would be still touching if the hole wasn't there. Everything seems tight and the clutch cover isn't bent in. What is wrong here?

Thanks!

Does it have the right clutch on it? I had the same problem when I tried to use a 114 cover on my 116si. The 116si clutch sticks out farther than the 114 clutch.

Does it have the right clutch on it? I had the same problem when I tried to use a 114 cover on my 116si. The 116si clutch sticks out farther than the 114 clutch.

Not sure about that. It could very well have been changed. I guess I need to see if I can find a number on it, of course I don't have an IPL though.

Any body got a picture of the right clutch assembly? I think the cross bolt(?) assembly on mine is incorrect.

Thanks!

Not sure about the nut, but usually with the clutch sticking, it is just the bearing that has rusted up. Spray a generous portion of PB Blaster into the clutch area, focusing on the bearing. Should be good to go.

Any body got a picture of the right clutch assembly? I think the cross bolt(?) assembly on mine is incorrect.

Can you take a picture of your clutch and post it? The clutch for a 112 is the same as the one on my 114 which is different from the one on my 116si. The 112/114 clutch has 3 shoes and a cross shapped nut to hold it on. The 116si has 2 shoes and 19mm hex to hold it on. The hex is what rubbed on my 114 clutch cover when I tried to use it on my 116si. If your clutch has a hex on the clutch that is what wore the hole in the cover.

Can you take a picture of your clutch and post it? The clutch for a 112 is the same as the one on my 114 which is different from the one on my 116si. The 112/114 clutch has 3 shoes and a cross shapped nut to hold it on. The 116si has 2 shoes and 19mm hex to hold it on. The hex is what rubbed on my 114 clutch cover when I tried to use it on my 116si. If your clutch has a hex on the clutch that is what wore the hole in the cover.

I haven't learned to post pictures but luckily I can read and your description helps. My clutch has 2 shoes and a hex head (bar?) across. That's what wore the hole for sure it must be the wrong clutch. Saw is really clean and starts and seems to run good. I guess I need to find the correct clutch. A picture of what I'm looking for would still help.

Thanks

I haven't learned to post pictures but luckily I can read and your description helps. My clutch has 2 shoes and a hex head (bar?) across. That's what wore the hole for sure it must be the wrong clutch. Saw is really clean and starts and seems to run good. I guess I need to find the correct clutch. A picture of what I'm looking for would still help.

Thanks

I will try to get a pic of the one on my 114 and post it. I will get one of the 116si clutch too. It may take a couple of days until I get it done. Do a Google search for an IPL, Illustrated Parts List, and download it. There will be a picture of the clutch in it.

I will try to get a pic of the one on my 114 and post it. I will get one of the 116si clutch too. It may take a couple of days until I get it done. Do a Google search for an IPL, Illustrated Parts List, and download it. There will be a picture of the clutch in it.

Thank you.

Here is a pic of the 114 clutch.

downsized_0516121048.jpg

This is a side shot of it.

downsized_0516121050.jpg

Here is a pic of the 116si clutch.

0516121209.jpg

downsized_0516121210.jpg

When you look at the side shots you can see that the 114 clutch is almost flush with the drum while the 116si clutch sticks out beyond the drum.

Here is a pic of the 114 clutch.

downsized_0516121048.jpg

downsized_0516121050.jpg

Here is a pic of the 116si clutch.

0516121209.jpg

downsized_0516121210.jpg

When you look at the side shots you can see that the 114 clutch is almost flush with the drum while the 116si clutch sticks out beyond the drum.

Yep, they put a 116 clutch in the saw. Just ruined a perfect clutch cover. Thank you very much for posting the pictures.

Gerry

Anybody got a good clutch cover for my 112 that they would like to sell? Or for that matter a good clutch assembly that's gathering dust? I'd like to get this old saw back in service.

Thanks,

Need a Fan Housing for SD 116si

Does anybody have a Fan Housing for a 116si for sale or can tell me where I can buy one? P/No 112 112 540 . I would be happy to buy the housing complete with the whole starter assembly that mounts into it if needs be.

The cir clip that retains one of the ratchet pawls came off and the pawl destroyed the housing. It's a very nice saw to use and I would really like to get it up and running again.

I am in Australia but it is no more difficult to send stuff here than to post it within the US.

David

Does anybody have a Fan Housing for a 116si for sale or can tell me where I can buy one? P/No 112 112 540 . I would be happy to buy the housing complete with the whole starter assembly that mounts into it if needs be.

The cir clip that retains one of the ratchet pawls came off and the pawl destroyed the housing. It's a very nice saw to use and I would really like to get it up and running again.

I am in Australia but it is no more difficult to send stuff here than to post it within the US.

David

One of THESE?

Her's another one ...

Good luck!

One of THESE?

Her's another one ...

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip but that is not the part that I need. What I want is the piece that fits over this that has the air intake grill and carries the starter recoil mechanism.
The part No for the Fan Housing is 112 112 540, the part No for the Starter Assembly is 114 112 630. According to the IPL these parts will also fit the 120si which will hopefully increase the chances of somebody having what I need.

David

Last edited:

Well I got the correct clutch installed in my 112 so now I need to get it tuned. Where do the needles need to be set to start? I figured 1 1/2 out but didn't seem to be right.

Thanks, I've had it running but screwed with the needles trying to sort out other issues.

Latest posts

Back