Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Crap.
I would have never thought it would have brought
that kind of cake. I'm sure glad i own all the ones
i have. And wish i never sold any.

So all the ones i sold i want them back. Come on guys
pack them up. :hmm3grin2orange:

Lee

It must have been that special Orange hood.

Sachs dolmar 112

gday all had a mate roll up today with an old 112 he has not ran for a long time
bar is a total loss question is it a small husky mount ?? and can i still get a clutch drum for a rim sprocket
he said he loves to use it and after haveing a look on utube i don't blame him they go good for a small saw
any help would be appreciated thanks

RPM info on the 117

Thanks all for the Sachs sticky. First, I am a Dolmar convert. It started with the 5100 then a found 117 then and now 6400. Two new and one older. The 117 runs nice and is in great shape. I put new mounts in it and its good to go. I have not tach'ed it yet but I would like to know the rpm specs for it. Acres site does not have them for this saw. idle RPM, free rev and best power. Any one with experience with this saw.

andy

Thanks all for the Sachs sticky. First, I am a Dolmar convert. It started with the 5100 then a found 117 then and now 6400. Two new and one older. The 117 runs nice and is in great shape. I put new mounts in it and its good to go. I have not tach'ed it yet but I would like to know the rpm specs for it. Acres site does not have them for this saw. idle RPM, free rev and best power. Any one with experience with this saw.

andy

I really like mine, like it enough to tune it by ear. When warm, set the idle as high as the chain/clutch allows. Free rev should still four stroke, even just lifting from the cut, and clean up in the cut. Best power will depend a lot on how sharp the chain is and the wood if you set the carb this way.

I could tell you what mine is set at if I was at the shop. But that would not be what yours should be set at. Factory or service recommendations will give a parameter, but setting it by ear almost always follows them, and is always the way to set a 117.

Wake up you Dolmar fans

My wall of Sachs Dolmar saws. Not all of them,
But most. There are a few more in other areas
of my shop.

Lee

WallofDolmar001.jpg

WallofDolmar002.jpg

Sachs Dolmar 112 oil pump

Just pulled the oil pump on my 112 because it wasn't oiling. Worm gear looks OK but gear in pump looks a little "chewed". Do I need to take the worm gear off to install a new pump? I don't quite understand how it can mesh up if the work gear isn't in the pump when it slips on the crankshaft. Oil line is dry so it's definitely not sucking oil through it. It seems flexible enough.

So how many complete Dolmar saws do you have? Running & not running.

Lets see, There are

18 166's 1 not running
2 166's in Mac colors
4 153's
2 152's
3 143's
2 133's
3 120SI's
2 119"s
1 116SI
1 114
1 113
1 112
3 CT's
1 KMS not running
3 153's in Poulan Green S6000
3 144's In Poulan Green S5500

Looks like 50 total with only 2 non runners.

Lee

Latest acquisition in Makita lineup ..

GEDC0482.jpg

GEDC0481.jpg

Seller had it priced pretty low and constantly complained about "how the thing just dumped bar oil all the time." Has a 27" bar and fairly new chain. The light coating of crud will soon meet my compressor. Has not seen a tough life at all.

Starts very easily and the oil leak was solved by a bit fatter O-ring on the cap. :cheers:

Lets see, There are

18 166's 1 not running
2 166's in Mac colors
4 153's
2 152's
3 143's
2 133's
3 120SI's
2 119"s
1 116SI
1 114
1 113
1 112
3 CT's
1 KMS not running
3 153's in Poulan Green S6000
3 144's In Poulan Green S5500

Looks like 50 total with only 2 non runners.

Lee

I know of at least one that you forgot - a New In Box 9010.... lol I saw it with my own two eyes!!!

Back