Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 120 series saw would be a good choice for your needs and usually can be had for a lower price than the other top brands of saws in the same class. The one difference that I know between the 120 and 120Si is in the carbs, the 120 uses a choke plate type carb setup and the Si uses a injector type carb setup where the lever on the carb is just rotated or flipped as some say it. The 120 super and the Si are both 68 cc engines and the older 120 was a 61 cc saw. The 120 super also has a fuel primer bulb on the left rear of the saw . There are most likely many other small details in differences between them and others may be able to fill in with some more info.
Pioneerguy600

The SI Ignition parts are different also. not cheap and hard to come by.
all the "si" and "I" saws seem to have the same ignition.. and i NEED that coil for one of mine,so i know..

heres a photo for you of my 143 if you can find one of the high flow intakes get it they make a difference and excuse the clutch cover its all I had and its cracked anyway
017-3.jpg

That high flow intake isn't factory is it.
I have never seen a factory high flow setup
except on the 166's.
I can see how it would help with more air flow.
I'd like to get one for one of my 133 or 143's

Lee

I don't know if they are oem or not I bought a "lot" of dollar parts saw off eBay a few years ago and that was on one of the 143's it fits so I used it I think it looks pretty mean with it on there

I bought a brand spankin' new 116si after my beloved Husky 266 ate it's piston...and rod....and crank....and, well, you get the picture. Traded the 266 and a Homelite Super EZ that ate a muffler nut or 2 (great little saw, I could hang it on the horses hames and never know it was there till I needed it) and an ancient Stihl, one of the old round ones plus some boot. Fantastic saw! At least till you need parts. Lost the ignition unit, one ring and lately an AV mount. Got the parts here and there and off a 115 I bought at an auction. Later a guy at work gave me a 133, or it's a 143, it wears both numbers. All I know is it's a big honkin' mother of a saw that acts like it wants cut till the cows come home.

I'm always on the look out for more S-D's.

I bought a brand spankin' new 116si after my beloved Husky 266 ate it's piston...and rod....and crank....and, well, you get the picture. Traded the 266 and a Homelite Super EZ that ate a muffler nut or 2 (great little saw, I could hang it on the horses hames and never know it was there till I needed it) and an ancient Stihl, one of the old round ones plus some boot. Fantastic saw! At least till you need parts. Lost the ignition unit, one ring and lately an AV mount. Got the parts here and there and off a 115 I bought at an auction. Later a guy at work gave me a 133, or it's a 143, it wears both numbers. All I know is it's a big honkin' mother of a saw that acts like it wants cut till the cows come home.

I'm always on the look out for more S-D's.

If you want to know the model,
Look rear of the clutch cover and there
is a machined pad with the serial number.
Tha first 3 numbers are the model.

Lee

If you want to know the model,
Look rear of the clutch cover and there
is a machined pad with the serial number.
Tha first 3 numbers are the model.

Lee

Thanks Lee, I'll do that.

Great thread BTW. Kinda figures a guy with the good taste to love Pioneers would like SD!

For anyone interested, the new 28" bar on my 133/McCulloch SP85 was a recent e-bay acquisition, same seller had .404/.063 and .375/.063 available. It is a Windsor bar and the nose could be replaced if needed.

Mark

And they are reasonably priced also. He now has one less in stock, I sent him an eMail last Monday asking specifically if the bar he was showing was actually the bar I would be getting and he assured me it would be. There has been a few instances where the bar he was showing and the one you would receive were not the same, always best to make sure before you jump on something off eBay as shipping is a PITA and costly.
Pioneerguy600

And they are reasonably priced also. He now has one less in stock, I sent him an eMail last Monday asking specifically if the bar he was showing was actually the bar I would be getting and he assured me it would be. There has been a few instances where the bar he was showing and the one you would receive were not the same, always best to make sure before you jump on something off eBay as shipping is a PITA and costly.
Pioneerguy600

Bars are expensive down here, my local dealer wants $135 for 25" Carlton bar.

Is there any other bars readily available that can be adapted to the big (14mm) Dolmars?

I believe my newly acquired 133 has a 25" Stihl bar from the 260 to 660 mount. It looks like the slot had been milled and only one of the adjuster holes was enlarged to fit the pin.

I can get the numbers from that bar if anyone can decipher them.

Last edited:
Is there any other bars readily available that can be adapted to the big (14mm) Dolmars?

I believe my newly acquired 133 has a 25" Stihl bar from the 260 to 660 mount. It looks like the slot had been milled and only one of the adjuster holes was enlarged to fit the pin.

I can get the numbers from that bar if anyone can decipher them.

I`ve never really had the need to as there are so many bars around that don`t need to be slot modified to fit, lots of SD OEM fit bars or just line up the oil supply hole on the big mount Stihl bar and these are easier than milling slots. I am sure some have done the slot mod way and then lined up the oil supply holes, heck I would do it if I had no other alternatives.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back