Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That silver one is pretty. I got some yellow ones:msp_smile:

PB010950.jpg

PB010947.jpg

P4140759-2.jpg

And I am getting a nice lime green one soon too.:D

Al.

112 carb

Finished up my Grey/Black 112 recently. New fuel line, ring, and carb kit. Saw has great compression and spark. But I cant get it to do more than pop. Ive checked the metering lever, I know its getting fuel. Any ideas? Im ready to get a new carb.

Finished up my Grey/Black 112 recently. New fuel line, ring, and carb kit. Saw has great compression and spark. But I cant get it to do more than pop. Ive checked the metering lever, I know its getting fuel. Any ideas? Im ready to get a new carb.

Joe, is the flywheel key sheared? Maybe the timing is off. To see if the coil is OK, spray a little mix down the carb throat and if she runs for a while spark is not your problem.
My 112 is an early one with points and even though it showed spark the coil could not produce spark in compression (when the plug was in). I put an electronic coil from a 120Si and she runs like a champ. You can use the old flywheel too.
Great little saws. Mine has the 120 dog to give it attitude.:hmm3grin2orange:

P4140766.jpg

Al.

Joe, is the flywheel key sheared? Maybe the timing is off. To see if the coil is OK, spray a little mix down the carb throat and if she runs for a while spark is not your problem.
My 112 is an early one with points and even though it showed spark the coil could not produce spark in compression (when the plug was in). I put an electronic coil from a 120Si and she runs like a champ. You can use the old flywheel too.
Great little saws. Mine has the 120 dog to give it attitude.:hmm3grin2orange:

P4140766.jpg

Al.

Thanks Al, I will check the flywheel and points.

Joe, it is well worth fitting an electronic coil anyway. One from any of that series like the 115, 120Si (and I think the later series of saw) will make it run really well and start easier. The gurus will be along soon to tell you which saws are compatible.

Al.

Joe, it is well worth fitting an electronic coil anyway. One from any of that series like the 115, 120Si (and I think the later series of saw) will make it run really well and start easier. The gurus will be along soon to tell you which saws are compatible.

Al.

Thanks Al, I was just gonna ask what modules were compatible.

510 mods

I am new to modding saws....any recommendations on beefing up my ps-510...its brand new...and please dont tel me to buy a 5105...i would have but didnt have the money at the time...thanks, john

hello everyone, would any of you folks have a service manual for a dolmar 116? i am trying to put one to cuttin. thank you.

hello, been lookin and askin for a dolmar 113 service manual, anyone know where to find one? thank you.

I am new to modding saws....any recommendations on beefing up my ps-510...its brand new...and please dont tel me to buy a 5105...i would have but didnt have the money at the time...thanks, john

If yours has a cat muffler, either replace it with a non cat or neuter your cat and retune is a good start on it.

I love my Dollies and big Poulans. This old girl satisfies both needs. Apologies to the fellows over in the Poulan sticky for reposting the same pics. Will get around to cleaning it up soon but it seems to be a good goer despite the broken rear handle and the custom starter handle.:msp_smile:
Green Dolmar 152.

100_4297.jpg

100_4296.jpg

Al.

I like them green Dolmars,

The yella and black ones make me old heart skip a beat.

I love my Dollies and big Poulans. This old girl satisfies both needs. Apologies to the fellows over in the Poulan sticky for reposting the same pics. Will get around to cleaning it up soon but it seems to be a good goer despite the broken rear handle and the custom starter handle.:msp_smile:
Green Dolmar 152.

100_4296.jpg

Al.

I like the custom pull rope handle! Sweet saw! :msp_w00t:

Dolmar 115i

I just finished replacing the piston on my Dolmar 115i , I used a Episan piston , very nice quality the rings look good too.
The original cylinder was still good it just needed a light sand.

2-16.jpg

pistonCustom.jpg

fin.jpg

I did some cutting this morning comparing it to my Stihl 034 with a aftermarket 036 P/C, the 115i gave the 034 a good hiding.... I will be keeping the 115i

Latest posts

Back