sachs Wankel saw, $2500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I'd love to see pictures of a tear-down of this saw. One of the Intertec manuals I have shows a McCulloch BP-1 which is cool, but none with this saw. It would be great to see engineering drawings at least, but photos of the engine would be a treat.

Dan

Ive been watching this also and would probably but it at a more reasonable ridiculous price.:rolleyes:

It should have awesome power what with three beats per revolution.

A freind of mine once had a Hercules motorcycle with a Wankel rotory engine. You could hear him coming a mile away, it had a very distinctive scream.

I wonder what the bidding would have gone to if it started at like $1.

The seller is a straight up guy, he's bought lots of stuff from me before. I'd trust the saw is as good as he says too... but someday I'll find one myself. Wouldn't you love to know what he paid for it.

The offers may be visable after the auction. I know my offer was low.

Bill

We bought one of these around 1979 or so. I ran it until the oiler drive gear wore out and couldn't find a replacement. No idea what happened to the saw after that, probably sold it at a farm auction for $10 or something. For the time they were a pretty good performing saw, but don't think they'd compare favorably today to a 55-60 CC saw. Compared to a mid 70's homelite on the other hand...

Nice to look at the pic again, but at $25.00 I think I'll pass.

It is $25 isn't it? :)

WB

Gee I just noticed that the seller of the original saw in this thread ericr2kre is one of the bidders on this saw...

Wonder what he would sell it for if he gets it?

Profit... $2500-$125 = :dizzy:

rotary

me thinks he will have it for sale for a while at that price:dizzy:

havvey said:
me thinks he will have it for sale for a while at that price:dizzy:

What you think that this good canadian owned wankel which is currently bid at $125 with no reserve is over priced?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Rare-KMS-4-Wankel-rotary-engine-Sachs-Dolmar-chainsaw_W0QQitemZ7751030892QQcategoryZ20538QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh wait you must mean this one in the US that is $2500.00!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7751704933

I guess it much more expensive to live in the states! (NOT) :dizzy:

RaisedByWolves said:
Anyone bidding $500 on this one has lost their marbles.:dizzy:

Its incomplete and your NOT going to find a cheap donor for the broken/missing parts.

I lost those years ago

Bill

Latest posts

Back