Safe for pets, namely dogs, tree/brush/etc. poisons?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I own four dogs who spend time outdoors. I've got some small "scrub" trees and bushes in my yard that I need to kill. Some of the bushes I pull/dig out with the root system, others seem to have roots that are like an underground vine (if that makes sense). I know the names of the bushes and/or photos would be helpful, but I don't know them or have photos right now.

I've checked nearly all of the products available at the hardware stores, most warn about keeping pets away from the treatment. Are there any products that I can use to safely/relatively safely?

Many if not most poisons tell you to keep pets away for a day or two. You should be able to set up a barrier to do that around each stump.

Check out 7 springs farm website. Look for eco blend products.

I'll check that out, thanks. If I'm lucky one of the local Eco Friendly nurseries might it or something similar.

Many if not most poisons tell you to keep pets away for a day or two. You should be able to set up a barrier to do that around each stump.

Thanks. I can rig some bottles & such and secure them easy enough. The dogs don't live outdoors, so keeping the covers on shouldn't be a problem.

Back