Safest Method of Entry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Safest Method of Entry

• Bodythrusting

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • Footlocking

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Spurs

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • Ascenders

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Crane

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Ladder

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Trampoline

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Soul Assassin said:
4 thousand posts, three thousand posts. That says it all. I'm an outsider with a different opinion and you all are going to gang up on me and I'll get booted 'cause I wasn't PC, part of the click.

Well, I apologise if I came across crass, and I don't know many of you, but would like to. I'm sure I would learn a lot her, very useful things, but if this is the intolerance that regularly occurs......because my opinion was unpopular.

BTW, remember, I wasn't the one who started talking s#$t. "Slick"

It's not an intolerence thing, you got Begley's bones up because you challenged his work ethic and claimed he operated in an unsafe manner for doing what many consider a standard operating proceedure.

Soul Assassin said:
4 thousand posts, three thousand posts. That says it all. I'm an outsider with a different opinion and you all are going to gang up on me and I'll get booted 'cause I wasn't PC, part of the click.

Well, I apologise if I came across crass, and I don't know many of you, but would like to. I'm sure I would learn a lot her, very useful things, but if this is the intolerance that regularly occurs......because my opinion was unpopular.

Now the last part, I will leave be.

I am by no stretch of the imagination a climber, I climb, but am learning. I still use a ladder everytime I can, I find it's easier, then tie in and have the groundie move it for me.

I could care less about you're opinion, it's all about sharing on here, share away!!! But the derogatory comments hav no place, figure out whats going on, sounds like you misunderstood, and flew off at the handle without grasping it all?
Andy

Soul Assassin said:

Bud, after post #63, your fate was pretty much decided. I, otoh, have not banned you for a personal attack on me, nor have I even given you any feedback (that red box is not from me) I am attempting to talk with you to see what part of taking something out of my way is unsafe.
as far as a 'click' well, we all do know each other and each other's strengths and weaknesses, and friendships forge along the way. Many of us also converse nightly via IM services, and talk via phone as well.

To all who came to back me up, thank you.
-Ralph

Public apology

Ok, I publicly apologize to Mr. Begley. I'm an idiot at times and speak before I get my head out of me arse. I thought he meant he was crashing limbs down on lines. I did create quite the spectacle eh ?

It's not a clique-thing, but people sure do like a good pile on here. It's all in good fun though.:blob2: :blob2:

Don't be discouraged, there is lots to learn from people here. Sometimes you have to read a post a couple times to grasp what it telling you.:help: You'll get through this, others have had rocky starts as well as I'm sure they'll tell you.

begleytree said:
Bud, after post #63, your fate was pretty much decided. I, otoh, have not banned you for a personal attack on me, nor have I even given you any feedback (that red box is not from me) I am attempting to talk with you to see what part of taking something out of my way is unsafe.
as far as a 'click' well, we all do know each other and each other's strengths and weaknesses, and friendships forge along the way. Many of us also converse nightly via IM services, and talk via phone as well.

To all who came to back me up, thank you.
-Ralph
Could you kindly refresh me on number 63 ?

Soul Assassin said:
Yeah, Time is money for you...I'd rather be safe. I'm not impressed by your unsafe rushing techniques. I work in the same situations you do, and in four years have never hit a service drop or cable line. And yes I "Play around" slick. I do it the right way and the safest way possible.

If you're thinking I'm a guy in a pickup truck, pruning limbs, you're wrong on that point too. I've seen yahoo's like you come and go, I'd like to be around for a while. I did start from the ground up with a pickup, but trained to not rush and keep safe at all times.

BTW, I'll post anyway I choose, you don't impress me. I think the caveman does suit you though, and I wouldn't contract with you for all the money in the world, the money that you think is more important than safety. You're a tree service ? Just what does that mean ? Big company ? Big equipment ? Big ego ? Lol. Let me tell YOU slick, I have more knowledge about forestry and dendrology (look it up) than you'll ever have, and your callus attitude toward destruction of property gives the industry a bad rep.

this #63
btw, the caveman avatar is a nod to my amateur intrest in anthropology, as is my sig line.
-Ralph

Soul Assassin said:
Yeah, Time is money for you...I'd rather be safe. I'm not impressed by your unsafe rushing techniques. I work in the same situations you do, and in four years have never hit a service drop or cable line. And yes I "Play around" slick. I do it the right way and the safest way possible.

If you're thinking I'm a guy in a pickup truck, pruning limbs, you're wrong on that point too. I've seen yahoo's like you come and go, I'd like to be around for a while. I did start from the ground up with a pickup, but trained to not rush and keep safe at all times.

BTW, I'll post anyway I choose, you don't impress me. I think the caveman does suit you though, and I wouldn't contract with you for all the money in the world, the money that you think is more important than safety. You're a tree service ? Just what does that mean ? Big company ? Big equipment ? Big ego ? Lol. Let me tell YOU slick, I have more knowledge about forestry and dendrology (look it up) than you'll ever have, and your callus attitude toward destruction of property gives the industry a bad rep.

look at the quote

Bullshat

Soul Assassin said:

Sure it was you that started talkin shat first. You misunderstood what he said, so eat a little crow. He is DISCONNECTING the wires prior to removal of tree, in case that point has still passed you by.

It started here

Soul Assassin said:
IMHO, that is nothing to brag about. In fact, I would be embarresed if I had that record. If you can't drop it in a safe place between wires, then you should learn to. I'm not trying to diss you, just think it's bad to be taking out lines like that.

Ralph, you gots to laugh, this is some funny stuff. Anyways, to make something abundantly clear, there ain't no rules about spurs in this province (British Columbia) for climbing anything, ever.

TreeCo said:
Ralph some of us were about to back you up but just couldn't think of anything good to say on the spur of the moment.:)

well, the saying goes: its better to remain silent and be thought...., well now thats not nice, is it?
-Ralph :cheers:

begleytree said:
well, the saying goes: its better to remain silent and be thought...., well now thats not nice, is it?
-Ralph :cheers:

hmmmmm:taped:

Soul Assassin said:
What are those four red things

They are negative Rep points dished out by other forum members.

For a guy who only has a handfull of posts I think it might be a record.

Apparently when one gets too many of these the system bans them.

Mind you it doesn't add to your credibility when your location is EARTH ... and clearly your comprehension was off the planet.

Ekka said:
They are negative Rep points dished out by other forum members.

For a guy who only has a handfull of posts I think it might be a record.

Apparently when one gets too many of these the system bans them.

Mind you it doesn't add to your credibility when your location is EARTH ... and clearly your comprehension was off the planet.

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

Darn, I can't believe it. I don't check out the site one night and I miss seeing ralph take a punk to school!!:cry:

What Ralph said:
begleytree said:
I am up prob 5 a month dropping teleco and CATV svc drops.
-Ralph
What most of us believe Ralph meant:
He gently unhooks the service drops, carefully carries them down the pole, and lovingly lays them on the ground where they won't get hurt.:D

Latest posts

Back