Safety first

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Learned a bit reading this as I am also looking for a good pair of pants. Background I'm a firewood cutter, 25-30 face a year plus clearing trails in my woods. What are your opinions on a good pair that will hold up also to log chains and cables? I use a tractor to skid with and chaps really cheap my a$$ as they get caught on every shift or hydraulic lever on it! Lol! I definitely want a pant, would love if someone made bibs!!! Love my bibs, but with chaps on, yeah. Movement gets interesting. I cut mainly 20-50 degree F weather, so little heavier isn't my concern. Safety and longevity are my concern. I'm average in the build, 5'9" 165#. Are the full protection, class C worth it? Curious on thoughts.

So far I like my clogger defender pro series pants. (Full wrap style.) Only complaint is there isn't enough pockets. They seem to be holding up well enough. I don't wear them daily though.

The thing is- you have stepped into a pro user's pair of pants in a non pro scene.
What you want to carry in pockets- a pro user has no use for in a PPE piece of equipment where something in a pocket becomes a pressure point during hours of use per day, day in day out- either wearing on the garment, or on the wearer.
Plus, where they were designed- the pro user would be wearing a tool belt to carry what is needed- not in trouser pockets.

Back